"The Last Southern Frontier" Antarctica by lihue
Antarctica Travel Guide: 1,150 reviews and 2,668 photos
Although my trip to Antarctica was in 1992 I still recall this place as one of the most spectacular sceneries. There are just 60 days a year where the weather is fine, the sky is clear and the ocean is calm and I was so lucky to get 7 of these 60 days. Please scroll down and share my memories ...
This is MS Vistamar, the cruise liner that brought us to here after a 5 days journey, startet at Punta Arenas/Chile, following the Beagle Canal, passing Cape Hoorn, crossing the Drake's Passage and finally reaching the Antarctica mainland at the Palmer peninsula.
- Pros:Majestic, fascinating and just wonderful
- Cons:No Con's - but help to keep this place unique
- In a nutshell:An unforgettable experience!
He liked it very much to pose for a good picture. A seal on Half Moon Island. more travel advice
This is the place I first set foot on the Antarctican mainlaind. It is the argentinian survey station Almirante Brown,... more travel advice
lihue's Related Pages
Antarctica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharrie's Antarctica Miracle"
- "cruising with the Bark Europa"
- "The White Continent"
- "Antarctica - the BIG Ice"
- "Antarctica, both filled and empty in the same view"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Antarctica
- Hotels in Antarctica
- Transportation in Antarctica
- Nightlife in Antarctica
- Restaurants in Antarctica
- Shopping in Antarctica
- Warnings and Dangers in Antarctica
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Antarctica
- 14 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Countries
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Antarctica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antarctica
- Commented on one of tini58de's Antarctica travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Watch an iceberg calve !"
- created a Antarctica Travelogue "Watch an iceberg calve !"
- Wrote a Review He liked it very much to pose... in Antarctica Off The Beaten Path
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Where are all my countries gone..."
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos, 10 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 44 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Argentina Intro, 18 reviews, 63 photos, 8 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Allersberg Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chile Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos