"Wonders to Ponder about during Cricket W.Cup 07'" Top 5 Page for this destination Guyana by simbac2001

Guyana Travel Guide: 397 reviews and 640 photos

Come and Explore Guyana, so much to see

Together with the upcoming events for the Cricket World Cup 2007, I inviting you to explore a paradise like u never done before.
Welcome to the land of many waters, mix culture, friendly people and too many to mention.

If you are unsure about the location of Guyana ...it is located on the Northeastern Coast of South America. It is made up of Ethnic groups such as Amerindian, East Indian, European, Chinese, Africans and mixed race and religions such as Christian, Hundu and Muslim.

You are Welcome here to the Land of Many Waters and natural beauty...total area being 83,000 square miles.

Its a wonderland of nature for scientist and sightseer alike, a visit to Guyana's hinterland maybe one of the last opportunities for you to enjoy a landscape that man has not yet dominated.

Don't be surprise if I mention Guyana has approximately 276 waterfalls and one of the wonders of the world is the Kaieteur Falls which has a sheer drop of 741 feet. The breathtaking mountain vistas and tumbling, crystal streams, around Orinduik Falls are surely among the most naturally beautiful to be found anywhere. Bathing in the shower of Orinduik Falls is an invigorating and unforgettable experience.

The vast grasslands along Guyana's southwestern border with Brazil are known as the Rupununi Savannahs. A land of whispering beauty that extends from the grass covered foothills of the Pakaraima Mountains in the north to the seeminly endless plains south of Lethem.

I'm very proud to mention some of our most spectacular landmarks such as The Umana Yana built in 1972, St. George's Cathedral the world's tallest wooden building completed in 1894 and stands 145 feet tall, City Hall built in 1889 situated in the heart of Georgetown our capital city, Stabroek Market built in 1792, St. Andrew's Kirk opened in 1881, Parliament Building built in 1830, 1763 Monument a bronze statue at D'urban Park, Georgetown.

• Intro Updated Nov 17, 2006

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2012 at 4:16 AM

Nice pages! Hope you're having a nice Valentine's Day

• Feb 9, 2007 at 8:39 AM

hey there just stumbled on your site... wow its great! lovely photos.... be back later to read some more... ciao for now

• hanspeter_W.'s Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2007 at 12:17 AM

makes me wish to see your country..it seems simular pretty as neighbouring suriname

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2006 at 3:48 AM

thnaks for the info on your country!

• mikkie50's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2006 at 8:48 PM

hiiii my long lost freind i miss you :-))) happy birthday my very good freind :-))) send me you e/mail simone :-))

• grets's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2004 at 7:13 AM

Thanks for sharing your homeland with us - I will be visiting in October to see for myself.

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2004 at 2:43 AM

Normally I always go to Africa, but I think I’ve got to reconsider my next destination when I see your VTpage. Well done

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2003 at 9:17 AM

A great look at your homeland, Simone. Glad I stopped by!

• Aug 21, 2003 at 5:14 AM

Great page...Nice page with lots of information photographs and tips..Many many happy returns of the day.Wishing you a happy birthday

• SpaniardPolo's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2003 at 10:00 AM

Excellent page ; nice and unknown country (lucky people the guyanese); some day i have a drink there. Congratulations!!!

simbac2001 Lives Here!

simbac2001

“Life is an adventure of your own creation. Make is exhilarating!”

Badges & Stats in Guyana