"witou's new Santa Cruz Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz by witou
Santa Cruz Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 135 photos
Welcome to this page about my hometown Santa Cruz de la Sierra. This is Bolivia’s largest and most unexpected city.
Once one of Bolivia’s poorest cities, Santa Cruz was founded in 1562 by a group of 300 Spaniards and their families in the flatlands of Southeastern Bolivia in the midway between the Argentine Pampas, the Chaco, the Pantanal, the Andes, and the Amazon Rainforest. In the last century this city received immigrants from different parts of the world and from all corners of Bolivia, thus making Santa Cruz a very cosmopolitan city were many cultures have merged together.
The city is vibrant and exciting! Although most people think of Bolivia as an Andean country, Santa Cruz is anything but Andean. The climate is subtropical and the vegetation is exuberant and abundant. The food is super tasty and very diverse, and the nightlife is great!
Being a city of immigrant, Santa Cruz is a lot less conservative than the other South American cities (except Brazil!). The best times to visit Santa Cruz are:
Summer (from November to January)
Carnival and Pre-Carnival (February)
Beginning of Spring (Second half of September)
The town of Samaipata 120 km west of Santa Cruz on the old road to Cochabamba. The town is a very cozy village in the... more travel advice
El Centro. Typical colonial architecture of Santa Cruz. more travel advice
- See All Espejillos is a small resort...
- See All Visit the local markets...
- Santa Cruz is the capital of...
witou's Related Pages
Santa Cruz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "witou's new Santa Cruz Page"
- "Holy Cross of the Saw, the progressive city of Bol"
- "SANTA CRUZplus MORE"
- "Turco's new Santa Cruz page"
- "K1W1's new Santa Cruz Page"
- "Cambinga's new Santa Cruz Page"
- "susanacasso's new Santa Cruz Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Cruz
- Hotels in Santa Cruz
- Transportation in Santa Cruz
- Nightlife in Santa Cruz
- Restaurants in Santa Cruz
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Cruz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Cruz
- 16 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 73 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Santa Cruz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Cruz
Photos in Santa CruzSee All Photos (23)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz Intro, 16 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bolivia Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- La Paz Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Chicago Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos