Patras Off The Beaten Path Tips by tak_pap Top 5 Page for this destination
Patras Off The Beaten Path: 11 reviews and 23 photos
6th EGMYO-Meeting 2006 in Patras / Greece
8-17 April, 2006
The 6th meeting of the European Guitar and Mandolin Youth Orchestra (EGMYO) is taking place in Patras / Greece from 8 to 17th april 2006 (arrival at Saturday 8 april and departure at Monday 17 april). The Patras Orchestra will organize the transport between Athens and Patras.
Once again we invite young people from all European countries, aged between 16 to 27 years, who are interested in rehearsing a high quality music program during this period and to give public performances of this music at the end of the meeting period. In the programm there are some cultural events organized by our Greek friends of Plucked String Orchestra Municipality of Patras.
Following performances have been suggested for the program of which 4-5 pieces will be chosen. The selection depends on the availability of the music sheets:
* Erik 't Hart -Wild at heart
* Claudio Mandonico -new composition
* Michael Travlos -Fading Memories -Concertante for Solo Guitar, Plucked String Orchestra
* Robert Hangstrom -Suite for Plucked String Orchestra
* Christopher Grafschmidt -new composition
The artistic lecturers are:
* Marco Ludemann, conductor (Netherlands)
* Mari Fe Pavon, Mandolin (Spain)
* Juan Carlos Munoz, Mandolin (Luxembourg)
* Annemie Hermans, Mandola (Netherlands)
* Mirko Schrader, Guitar (Germany)
Permitted instruments are:
* Laud Espagnol
* Double bass
Conditions of Participation:
* Advanced performance level and experience as orchestral player
* Participant's contribution amounting 220,00 euros
* Travel expenses to Patras on own account
* Interested in meeting the youth of other countries
Moreover, we await all participants coming to this EGMYO-meeting being well prepared on the music sheets which we have sent before.
A few Kilometers from Patras is Rion suburb. Rion is an important transport junction (it connectes the 'Peloponnese' with the 'Sterea Hellas').
Rion has also a beautiful castle, and a lot of summer bars, disco-clubs and Cafes, you can visit them and drink a coffee or a coctail. It has also a lot of restaurants, you can visit them and eat tradional and others food.
Near Patras, there are many great beaches, excellent villages next to the sea. Swimming, surfing,fun, drinking ...!
Try 'Kalogria Beach'. You dont'n know what you 're missing.
If you have the chance, watch a basket ball game. Patras, has a great basketball team 'APOLLON' (ÁÐÏËËÙÍ ÐÁÔÑÙÍ).-
More Reviews (77)
- See All MAINSTREAM
- See All Rio Bridge
- See All Carnival 2004
- See All A c h a i a C l a u s s ...
tak_pap's Related Pages
Patras Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saint Andrew in every corner!"
- "Patras - a city of St. Andrew"
- "tak_pap's new Patrai Page"
- "PATRAS- CARNIVAL CAPITOL OF GREECE"
- "We will return..."
- "SirRichard's new Patrai Page"
- "Sharrie's Patras Worship"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Patras
- Hotels in Patras
- Transportation in Patras
- Nightlife in Patras
- Restaurants in Patras
- Shopping in Patras
- Warnings and Dangers in Patras
- See All...
Explore the World
- Niles District Hotels
- New Washington Hotels
- Takatsuki Hotels
- Pigeon Island Hotels
- Bad Nauheim
- Boise Off The Beaten Path
- Bishop Off The Beaten Path
- Nicaragua Off The Beaten Path
- Manarola Off The Beaten Path
- Malta Off The Beaten Path
- Bologna Off The Beaten Path
- Hurghada Off The Beaten Path
- Reno Off The Beaten Path
- Port Townsend Off The Beaten Path
- Isla Mujeres
- Bogotá Off The Beaten Path
- Lamma Island Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Patras
- 80 Reviews
- 256 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 497 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Patras?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Patras
- Commented on one of NatassaPL's Patras travel pages
- Wrote a Review Plucked String Orchestra Municipality of Patras in Patras Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "tak_pap's new Patrai Page"
- updated a Patras Travel Page "tak_pap's new Patrai Page"
- Posted in Travel Berlin Forum "RE: RE: Berlin to Hamburg via train"
Photos in PatrasSee All Photos (256)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patras Intro, 80 reviews, 256 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 47 reviews, 209 photos, 12 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 70 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Symi Island 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nisos Megisti Intro, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Cefalonia 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kalavrita Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Zante (Zakynthos) 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milos Island 12 photos, 1 travelogue