"Fairfax County, VA" Top 5 Page for this destination Fairfax by seagoingJLW
Fairfax Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 194 photos
Fairfax County is extrememly large and offers many interesting places to visit, to stay and in which to dine. It draws visitors from all over the world,. Those with interests in the Civil War, the Revolutionary War, and national monuments will have a wealth of things to see here.
Although the county was not created until 1742, the history of English settlement here spans from the 1600s to the present.
The shopping is also great.
One of the most famous sites here is Mount Vernon, the home of George Washington (pictured here.)
This site is presently under construction.
Here is a map of Fairfax County indicating where most of the attractions of the county can be found.
- Pros:There's lots and lots to see and do.
- Cons:Fairfax County is a very crowded area. Traffic can be horrendous, especially during rush hours.
- In a nutshell:Give yourself enough time.
This little restaurant (buffet only) is located in the Giant Food Shopping Center in Kingstowne at Van Dorn Street and... more travel advice
Specialties can be very elegant. Lots of Russian specialties on the menu like kulebiaka (salmon for two in a pasty shell... more travel advice
seagoingJLW's Related Pages
Fairfax Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "b1bob's excellent university adventures"
- "Shopping and eating in Fairfax, more next time!"
- "A Pit Stop for Overnight Stays, Food and Shopping"
- "Fairfax County, VA"
- "Fran's Fairfax Page"
- "asturnut's new Fairfax Page"
- "LoboAl's new Fairfax page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fairfax
- Hotels in Fairfax
- Transportation in Fairfax
- Nightlife in Fairfax
- Restaurants in Fairfax
- Shopping in Fairfax
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fairfax
- 23 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Fairfax?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fairfax
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 96 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 85 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 66 reviews, 69 photos
- Europe Intro, 3 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 33 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 10 reviews, 68 photos, 4 travelogues