"Geiranger" Geiranger by seagoingJLW
Geiranger Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 474 photos
When entering through Geiranger Fjord, the ship passed waterfalls, especially the Seven Sisters and their Suitor, also referred to as the Bottle. We took the tour up the road to the summit of Mt Dalsnibba which stands at 5000 feet. From this point you can see far beyond the Geirangerfjord when the weather is clear. We rode in a bus through all kinds of hairpin turns (some 180 degrees) to get to the top of Dalsnibba. We were supposed to look down at the beautiful view. What view! Here it was June 28 and we were in a heavy snowfall. All you could see was white.
We were told that a physician comes to Geiranger once a week, but a chopper can get there for emergencies. Many of the residents up the mountains leave for the winter.
Geiranger, Norway has been a cruising destination for more than 100 years. Geirangerfjord offers breathtaking combinations of mountains, towering waterfalls and scenic waterways. In Geiranger, you will see the farmers that work along the narrow mountain ledges.
We also stopped at the Norwegian Fjord Center and learned a lot about the fjords. One exhibit even lets you survive an avalanche.
- Pros:Beautiful Scenery
- Cons:Dreadful Weather
- In a nutshell:Worth a vist once in a lifetime.
Here is the "Suitor" or "Bottle" which is also in Geiranger Fjord directly opposite the Seven Sisters. more travel advice
Here is Irwin at the top of the mountain. We couldn't see anything due to heavy snow---on June 28, 2005 no less. This... more travel advice
seagoingJLW's Related Pages
Geiranger Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The amazing colour of the Geiranger fjord"
- "Geiranger Fjord and the Roof of Norway"
- "Geiranger the irresistible"
- "STEEP MOUNTAINS - MAJESTIC SCENERY"
- "Geiranger - Pearl of the fjords"
- "The most beautiful fjord of Norway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Geiranger
- Hotels in Geiranger
- Transportation in Geiranger
- Shopping in Geiranger
- Warnings and Dangers in Geiranger
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Geiranger
- 7 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Geiranger?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geiranger
Photos in GeirangerSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 96 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 85 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 66 reviews, 69 photos
- Europe Intro, 3 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 33 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 10 reviews, 68 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Geiranger hotel reviews
- Villa Utsikten
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 19, 2012
- Geirangerfjorden Feriesenter
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Grande Fjord
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 4, 2012
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2007
- Union Hotel Geiranger
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Hotel Geiranger
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 5, 2013