"Ephesus" Ephesus by seagoingJLW
Ephesus Travel Guide: 509 reviews and 1,925 photos
Ephesus is the best preserved city in the Mediterranean area. And ancient Ionian Greek city, it was the second largest city in the Roman Empire. It was the site of the Temple of Artemis, and was involved in both the Persian and Pelopennesian Wars.
Taken by Alexander the Great about 334 BC, it prospered throughout the Hellenistic period. It passed to Rome in 133 BC and became the capital of the Roman Province of Asia.
The Goths destroyed both the city and the temple in 262 AD.
The modern site has extensively excavated ruins.
To get an idea of what you will see here, go to my travelogue on Ephesus.
- Pros:This is a MUST SEE- and it's downhill all the way.
- Cons:Absolutly none.
- In a nutshell:You will be walking in the footsteps of the past.
A good guide will explain everything to you along the way, and there is a lot to absorb. more travel advice
seagoingJLW's Related Pages
Ephesus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE WONDER OF EPHESUS"
- "Ephesus - Ancient city"
- "The Inspiring Roman Ruins of Ephesus"
- "Ephesus the open air Museum"
- "Ephesus (Efes) and Nearby Selcuk"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ephesus
- Hotels in Ephesus
- Transportation in Ephesus
- Nightlife in Ephesus
- Restaurants in Ephesus
- Shopping in Ephesus
- Warnings and Dangers in Ephesus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ephesus
- 4 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ephesus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ephesus
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 96 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 85 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 66 reviews, 69 photos
- Europe Intro, 3 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 33 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 10 reviews, 68 photos, 4 travelogues