"Salalah" Salalah by seagoingJLW
Salalah Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 262 photos
There is a palace here on the beach where sultan Said lived from 1958 until 1970. Inland to the west is the old town where you will find dilapidated houses. They used to be large merchant houses with ornate shutters.
There is a souq, but nothing like the one in Muscat.
We docked at Salalah known for frankincense trade
Going there was the worst decision we made.
- Pros:I can't think of any.
- Cons:As somebody on the cruise said "Stay on the ship."
- In a nutshell:Not at all appetizing.
seagoingJLW's Related Pages
Salalah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Salalah - My New Home"
- "camels and coconut trees"
- "Salalah the stunning jewel of Oman"
- "Salalah, Oman"
- "Salalah is a PARADISE"
- "Khareef Land"
- "Attraction of Salalah"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salalah
- Hotels in Salalah
- Transportation in Salalah
- Nightlife in Salalah
- Restaurants in Salalah
- Shopping in Salalah
- Warnings and Dangers in Salalah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salalah
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Salalah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salalah
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 96 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 85 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 66 reviews, 69 photos
- Europe Intro, 3 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 33 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 10 reviews, 68 photos, 4 travelogues