"St. Kitts and Nevis" Basseterre by seagoingJLW
Basseterre Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 140 photos
Basseterre is the capital of the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis. Located in the Leeward Islands the nation consists of the islands of St. Kitts (Saint Christopher), Nevis and Sombrero.
Charlestown, located in Nevis, was the birthplace of Alexander Hamilton.
The two larger islands are volcanic in origin and very mounta;inous. They are separated by a narrow strait. the majority of the population are descendants of slaves.
Columbus visited the islands in 1493, but there were no settlements until the British arrived in 1623. The French arrived two years later.
In 1983 the islands gained full independence.
- Pros:Very interesting sights
- Cons:Too hot
- In a nutshell:I am not impressed by any islands in the Caribbean
The narrow gauge railway in St. Kitts is a rewarding experience. It is available as a shore excursion. more travel advice
seagoingJLW's Related Pages
Basseterre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basseterre: Classical Caribbean"
- "Two Days out of Time"
- "St. Kitts and Nevis"
- "St. Christopher's Basseterre"
- "Visiting Ross University, School of Veterinary Med"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Basseterre
- Hotels in Basseterre
- Transportation in Basseterre
- Restaurants in Basseterre
- Shopping in Basseterre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Basseterre
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Basseterre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Basseterre
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 96 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 85 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 66 reviews, 69 photos
- Europe Intro, 3 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 33 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 10 reviews, 68 photos, 4 travelogues