"Louisville Louisville Louisville" Top 5 Page for this destination Louisville by John195123

Louisville Travel Guide: 374 reviews and 546 photos

I used to live in Colorado Springs .. see that page... it's a neat place. But now I'm back home. Actually, now I'm in China...

By request, I'm adding more pictures to this page... as soon as I can.

My Louisville page is still very much under construction!!!! Whatever you may want to know about the city, it either is or will be here!!!! From traffic to hotels, to places to eat or party, or romantic places to sit or drive, it's here, or will be here on this page!
Welcome to Louisville!!!

If you want to see the world's best fireworks show (biggest, nationally) come to Louisville the weekend of APRIL 20!!!!!!!! On Saturday, Thunder Over Louisville will blast Kentucky into the Derby Festivities... yeah I know, bad pun... anyway, a great show for all, NOT to mention the HUGE airshow before the fireworks...over 51,000 shells!!!!!!!!!!!!!Come see it if you live nearby or if you can make it, or if you happen to be in Da Ville!!!! You won't regret it!

Update: I just returned from Louisville, and Thunder. An awe-inspiring show as always. This time I stayed in the Galt House to watch the show, which was great except for the fact that the fireworks are set to music, and you can't hear the music. LeAnn Rimes sang two of her own songs (How Do I Live, and Can't Fight the Moonlight) near the great lawn, then floated down to sing the National Anthem from a barge in the river. The airshow, as always was great, with most planes imaginable. Then the fireworks. Yes, the fireworks. One half hour of explosions and colors, the biggest in the world.

You know, I should have written more about Louisville a long time ago as it is my hometown. Anyway, check out www.kentuckyderby.com, and get over to to Da Ville for the Derby, Thunder Over Louisville, and all the events surrounding the Derby.
If you've read this far, check out my Colorado Springs page... it's where I live for the other part of the year!

So, if you want info on Louisville's restaurants, you've come to the right place. If you need outdoor or bike stuff, go to my Off the Beaten Path page, Police info, places to hike or ride,Enjoy!

Thunder Over Louisville

Thunder!

Downtown Louisville

• Intro Updated Oct 8, 2007

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Had a great dinner in your home town a few weeks ago on a business trip. Seviche on Bardstown Road. My VT review coming soon

• May 9, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I've figured out how to not get speeding ticket. Don't speed. I drive a 1976 Roadmaster with welded steel girders on 4 sides - bullet proof glass. If you see me just back away quietly and good advice is to not stick your finger at me. I'm 6'7", 285lbs

• MadAboutParis's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2008 at 9:14 PM

Thanks for the cemetery listings - I'm a docent at Spring Grove Cemetery in Cincinnati and I'm heading down there in April. Mary

• Mar 10, 2008 at 6:58 PM

You have great pictures! volopolo

• alywang's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2007 at 12:47 AM

Hi! it seems you are a food lover. there are so many tips about restaurant. if there are more food pictures on the page, that would be better:)

• Apr 28, 2007 at 2:46 AM

Regarding the Grape Leaf ... It's actually on Frankfort Avenue. And although it's not all organic, I have to concur -- AMAZING food. Many vegetarian options, huge portions, good prices. They know us by name!

• kevanrijn's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2007 at 8:50 PM

Irish Rover sounds great. My husband went to school in England, he misses F&C and Guinness on tap so we'll have to make sure to visit here!

• Feb 24, 2007 at 4:08 PM

We dined at Lentini's Little Italy for Valentines Day this year. It was by far the WORST dining experience we have ever had. We wrote the manager and totally got blown of.. no reply at all.

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2006 at 5:53 PM

I love Louisville. We stay across the river with the Louisville skyline view. Seems we do that several times per year

• John195123's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2005 at 10:37 PM

Midwesterner, that may be, but I wouldn't call Louisville scary.

John195123 Lives Here!

John195123

“Will travel for food!”

Badges & Stats in Louisville

Have you been to Louisville?

Latest Activity in Louisville