"Louisville Louisville Louisville" Top 5 Page for this destination Louisville by John195123
Louisville Travel Guide: 398 reviews and 615 photos
I used to live in Colorado Springs .. see that page... it's a neat place. But now I'm back home. Actually, now I'm in China...
By request, I'm adding more pictures to this page... as soon as I can.
My Louisville page is still very much under construction!!!! Whatever you may want to know about the city, it either is or will be here!!!! From traffic to hotels, to places to eat or party, or romantic places to sit or drive, it's here, or will be here on this page!
Welcome to Louisville!!!
If you want to see the world's best fireworks show (biggest, nationally) come to Louisville the weekend of APRIL 20!!!!!!!! On Saturday, Thunder Over Louisville will blast Kentucky into the Derby Festivities... yeah I know, bad pun... anyway, a great show for all, NOT to mention the HUGE airshow before the fireworks...over 51,000 shells!!!!!!!!!!!!!Come see it if you live nearby or if you can make it, or if you happen to be in Da Ville!!!! You won't regret it!
Update: I just returned from Louisville, and Thunder. An awe-inspiring show as always. This time I stayed in the Galt House to watch the show, which was great except for the fact that the fireworks are set to music, and you can't hear the music. LeAnn Rimes sang two of her own songs (How Do I Live, and Can't Fight the Moonlight) near the great lawn, then floated down to sing the National Anthem from a barge in the river. The airshow, as always was great, with most planes imaginable. Then the fireworks. Yes, the fireworks. One half hour of explosions and colors, the biggest in the world.
You know, I should have written more about Louisville a long time ago as it is my hometown. Anyway, check out www.kentuckyderby.com, and get over to to Da Ville for the Derby, Thunder Over Louisville, and all the events surrounding the Derby.
If you've read this far, check out my Colorado Springs page... it's where I live for the other part of the year!
So, if you want info on Louisville's restaurants, you've come to the right place. If you need outdoor or bike stuff, go to my Off the Beaten Path page, Police info, places to hike or ride,Enjoy!
Every year at Trinity High School, the Catholic grade schools of the city square off in the AA Toy Bowl. It's not a... more travel advice
Take a ride or a dinner cruise on the Belle of Louisville. I'll get more information soon. more travel advice
- See All Club and Bowling Alley
- See All Is it really famous?
- See All Holiday Inn- like no other
- See All Homeless
John195123's Related Pages
Louisville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A "Wicked" Weekend in Louisville"
- "Louisville Louisville Louisville"
- "Home of the Kentucky Derby"
- "Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Fried Chicken"
- "bmiller39's new Louisville Page"
- "Louisville: Gateway to the South"
- "Ancestor Searches"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Louisville
- Hotels in Louisville
- Transportation in Louisville
- Nightlife in Louisville
- Restaurants in Louisville
- Shopping in Louisville
- Warnings and Dangers in Louisville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Louisville
- 149 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 87 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Louisville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Louisville
Top 10 Pages
- Lijiang Intro, 85 reviews, 310 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Louisville Intro, 149 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Colorado Springs Intro, 88 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 37 reviews, 89 photos, 7 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 21 reviews, 104 photos, 10 travelogues
- Xinjie Intro, 14 reviews, 100 photos, 8 travelogues
- Jinghong Intro, 23 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hohhot Intro, 17 reviews, 81 photos, 6 travelogues
- Menghan Intro, 10 reviews, 80 photos, 7 travelogues
- Zhaoxing Intro, 24 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues