"Home of Travertine Pools" Denizli Ili by John195123
Denizli Ili Travel Guide: 313 reviews and 1,204 photos
Denizli is the doorway to Pamukkale, with it's hot and supposedly healthy natural hot-spring pools, full of mostly western European, scantily clad tourists, and outside, the travertine pools that form the famous image of the area, white, rough and exotic. Take off your shoes and bask in the pools, though you're supposed to stay on the trail as some areas have dangerous gases, I believe.
Near Pamukkale is Heiropolis, ancient ruins to wander.
The town of Denizli isn't very big and doesn't have much to offer tourists as far as I can recall. There was a street with a bunch of shops that sold somewhat interesting things, including jewely from the region, I believe.
You can visit the mosque and the fountain in town, shown in the photo.
There are many places that sell odd stuff, like this doll vendor.
And then there are places that sell more interesting items, things that can be more useful as souvenirs for travelers.
While Pamukkale is the major attraction, Heiropolis is just a set of ruins. However the site isn't as "ruined" as many... more travel advice
John195123's Related Pages
Denizli Ili Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Denizli Province"
- "Home of Travertine Pools"
- "Denizli, TR ..."
- "Sea city without sea"
- "ALMAN VE TURK LINKS"
- "Pamukkale - Hierapolis"
- "Pamukkale (Hierapolis)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Denizli Ili
- Hotels in Denizli Ili
- Transportation in Denizli Ili
- Nightlife in Denizli Ili
- Restaurants in Denizli Ili
- Shopping in Denizli Ili
- Warnings and Dangers in Denizli Ili
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Denizli Ili
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Denizli Ili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denizli Ili
Top 10 Pages
- Lijiang Intro, 85 reviews, 310 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Louisville Intro, 149 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Colorado Springs Intro, 88 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 37 reviews, 89 photos, 7 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 21 reviews, 104 photos, 10 travelogues
- Xinjie Intro, 14 reviews, 100 photos, 8 travelogues
- Jinghong Intro, 23 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hohhot Intro, 17 reviews, 81 photos, 6 travelogues
- Menghan Intro, 10 reviews, 80 photos, 7 travelogues
- Zhaoxing Intro, 24 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues