"Jinghong" Jinghong by John195123
Jinghong Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 104 photos
There is really little to do here, but there are some things outside the city. The people are the Dai Minority, but with a lot of Han influence, the cities look more like anywhere else in China.
It's not a bad-looking town, especially in the spring, when it can be quite warm.
Speaking of bad looking, I think this monkey at the Wild Elephant Valley had a perm...
There is the Wild Elephant Valley, which I cannot recommend, considering reports of torturing the animals (and my personal witness to staff hitting one of the bears and using violent motions to brush the bear's hair.)
This is the new bridge in Jinghong... use it as a marker or a landmark. more travel advice
For those who are more adventurous or bored with walking, you can take this swing across the creek (instead of crossing... more travel advice
John195123's Related Pages
Jinghong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "town of new character"
- "Jinhong (Xishanbanna): The Chinese Mekong portal"
- "China or Thailand?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jinghong
- Hotels in Jinghong
- Transportation in Jinghong
- Nightlife in Jinghong
- Restaurants in Jinghong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jinghong
- 23 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Jinghong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jinghong
Top 10 Pages
- Lijiang Intro, 85 reviews, 310 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Louisville Intro, 149 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Colorado Springs Intro, 88 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 37 reviews, 89 photos, 7 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 21 reviews, 104 photos, 10 travelogues
- Xinjie Intro, 14 reviews, 100 photos, 8 travelogues
- Jinghong Intro, 23 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hohhot Intro, 17 reviews, 81 photos, 6 travelogues
- Menghan Intro, 10 reviews, 80 photos, 7 travelogues
- Zhaoxing Intro, 24 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues