"Columbus--the railroad town" Columbus by JennJenn
Columbus Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 15 photos
While Columbus may not exactly be on the "must visit" list, it has been my home for most of my life, so I'll work on giving you a slice of life from this town.
Columbus, I was once told, has around 70-80 trains coming through each day. I can easily believe it with the sound of the horns echoing through town all day. I can hear one now, actually! Don't expect to hitch a ride on one of these trains though, no passenger trains come through Columbus.
Columbus is also located near where the Loop River (shown here) flows into the famous Platte River--the river pioneers said was "a mile wide and an inch deep." So between the rivers and the railroad, that's how a town popped up here.
Lots of industry in town. Little tourism. You better be creative if you want to find something to do, too. Unless you like horse racing. We've got the most ghetto track around.
Downtown is kind of cute, like many other midwest downtowns--not exactly hopping. There are some fun shops, and the... more travel advice
JennJenn's Related Pages
Columbus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Columbus--the railroad town"
- "Columbus, Nebraska"
- "Basaic Columbus Page"
- "Columbus resident view of town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Columbus
- Hotels in Columbus
- Restaurants in Columbus
- Warnings and Dangers in Columbus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Columbus
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Columbus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Columbus
Photos in ColumbusSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mitchell Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Dakota Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Scotland Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Orange City Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Columbus Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Freeman Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Stirling Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos