"Cows, Corn and Soybeans" Top 5 Page for this destination South Dakota by JennJenn
South Dakota Travel Guide: 1,235 reviews and 3,017 photos
I lived here for 10 months. A slow place to live but a few things to visit for the tourist. (pop. ~14,000) Check out my Mitchell page.
Jenn's Mitchell Page
Where bad looks good. Erosion has caused interesting formations in this dry land. Head west on I-90 to check out the beauty in nature.
More about Badlands National Park
Named after the falls in the city, Sioux Falls (pop. 120,000) is the largest town in South Dakota and a gateway to the state from Iowa or Minnesota, located on I-90 and I-29.
More about Sioux Falls
My tips for South Dakota are mostly to make you aware of what's there. Check out my local pages for more specific info.
The Black Hills rise about 4,000 feet above the surrounding plains. Harney Peak, at 7,242 feet, is the highest point in... more travel advice
Only about 15-20 minutes from Sioux Falls. It is the state's smallest state park. A river has carved some small cliffs... more travel advice
JennJenn's Related Pages
South Dakota Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "South Dakota"
- "Souix - Paha Sapa - 'hills that are black""
- "Expansive Beauty"
- "South Dakota"
- "Cows, Corn and Soybeans"
- "BLACK HILLS - MOUNTAIN ISLAND ON THE GREAT PLAINS"
- "Lakota people"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Dakota
- Hotels in South Dakota
- Transportation in South Dakota
- Nightlife in South Dakota
- Restaurants in South Dakota
- Shopping in South Dakota
- Warnings and Dangers in South Dakota
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in South Dakota
- 38 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to South Dakota?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Dakota
- Posted in Travel Ecuador Forum "I had a little taste of many things"
- updated a South Dakota Travel Page "Cows, Corn and Soybeans"
- Wrote a Review Hiking up Harney Peak in South Dakota Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hiking up Harney Peak"
- Commented on one of DesertRat's South Dakota travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mitchell Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Dakota Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Scotland Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Orange City Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Columbus Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Freeman Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Stirling Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (11)
Top South Dakota hotels
- Deadwood Hotels
- 72 Reviews - 119 Photos
- Sioux Falls Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 102 Photos
- De Smet Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 16 Photos
- Rapid City Hotels
- 71 Reviews - 93 Photos
- Custer Hotels
- 45 Reviews - 103 Photos
- Hot Springs Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 16 Photos
- Watertown Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Jewel Cave National Monument Hotels
- 1 Review - 10 Photos
- Keystone Hotels
- 23 Reviews - 45 Photos
- Wall Hotels
- 23 Reviews - 54 Photos
- Cactus Flat Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Lead Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 5 Photos
- Mitchell Hotels
- 27 Reviews - 68 Photos
- Aberdeen Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 71 Photos
- Arlington Hotels
- 1 Review