"A weekend in Keszthely" Top 5 Page for this destination Keszthely by socrates_07

Keszthely Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 175 photos

A short trip to Lake Balatonc

The capital of the Balaton region

It was a sunny day in my hometown Vienna and I wanted to leave this city for a short weekend trip to... well. .. to Keszthely at Lake Balaton. If you never heard about that village, you are not the only one. I have to admit, I also didn´t know that place although I visited that famous lake before.

Before I show you the places which we visited I want to tell you some words about Keszthely:

Population: 24.000
Location: at the north-west end of the Balaton, about 200 km southeast of Budapest and about 230 km southeast from Vienna.
Sights: ... well, take a look at my Keszthely page, you will see some nice places which are worth to visit...

• Pros:Nice castle with a wonderful park and interesting museum
  • Cons:Hmmm.... sorry, I couldn´t find any con´s
  • Last visit to Keszthely: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 5, 2005

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2010 at 12:44 AM

The castle looks really nice.

• Aug 15, 2007 at 1:52 PM

Had one of the best meals of our 5 week trip thru Hungary & Croatia at La Koma, turkey, peache slices & Camembert cheese melted on top...I am trying to find the recipe to make it at home

• 1courage's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2007 at 12:38 PM

Great page, Oliver. Can`t wait to visit keszthely again. This will happen soon:)

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2005 at 1:38 PM

That castle museum looks beautiful - I'm like you, almost every museum is interesting to me! : )

• intl_dan's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2003 at 3:34 PM

Good and informative pages on Keszthely, never been, will try and visit on my next voyage to Hungary. Dan

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2003 at 7:15 AM

Great pictures and there is also a wonderful castle here... so it must be a great destination for a weekend trip ... maybe I will check it up next year ...

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2003 at 3:12 AM

No cons? My dear, care to tell me who u went with? ;-)

• mel_bee's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2003 at 2:58 AM

Keszthely is such a beautiful relaxing place to be and the castle is impressive too. Your pages are very informative.

• Motzl's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2003 at 9:06 AM

Echt tolle Bilder und sehr informativ!! Nur weiter so!!

• Audrey118's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2003 at 5:02 PM

No pics of the lake? or beach? looks like a quiant town to visit...is it not very far from Wien - 230 km....it must be at least 3 -4 hours drive

socrates_07

“The fate collates the cards and we have to play with them.”

Badges & Stats in Keszthely

Have you been to Keszthely?

Latest Activity in Keszthely