"Wonderful Melk" Top 5 Page for this destination Melk by socrates_07
Melk Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 850 photos
It was one of the last warm and sunny weekends in this summer and I wanted to visit a nice place close to Vienna. There are many wonderful places but I decided to visit Melk. I have been there several times but I never went to the Abby Melk. That city is not far away from Vienna and for sure worth for a visit.
Melk is located in Lower Austria and lies at the Danube River. That area is called Wachau.
The population is a little bit higher than 5000.
The main attraction of Melk is the Abby. It's one of the most beautiful baroque monastary and built in a palatial style.
Other attractions are: The garden around the Abbey Melk, the "House on the Rock", the Town Hall square and the Gothic parish church. If you take a walk in the center of Melk you will find yourself in many narrow and nice streets. (well, streets is a little bit exaggerated)
- Pros:Great barocque style Abby
One of the most important work of art are the altar panels by Joerg Breu (1475-1537). They were probably created in... more travel advice
It was not easy to take a photo of the Imperial Staircase. I dont want to say it is the main attraction of Melk Abbey... more travel advice
socrates_07's Related Pages
Melk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Melk"
- "Melk, a small town at the Danube Valley"
- "St Colman and Melk - The Irish Connection"
- "Melk & its Famous Abbey"
- "Wachau - The Famous Town of Melk"
- "Melk, a beautiful place and its baroque monastery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melk
- Hotels in Melk
- Transportation in Melk
- Restaurants in Melk
- Shopping in Melk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melk
- 25 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Melk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melk
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 26 reviews, 163 photos, 13 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 44 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 23 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Schneeberg Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanjing Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melk Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rust Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalian Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos