"Perle des Ostens (Oesterreichs)" Top 5 Page for this destination Rust by socrates_07
Rust Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 136 photos
If you ask people about Austria many of them will answer: 'Oh, I know, that's the small country in the middle of Europe. So many moutains, a paradise for skiing....'
But Rust is different. There are no big moutains and skiing... hmmm.... I don't think you will find any place where you can ski.
Anyway, Rust is a pearl, I call it pearl of the East (of Austria) Its located at Lake Neusiedl. (one of the largest lakes in Europe. Lake Neusiedl is vast and shallow, rather salty and lined by dense reedbeds several kilometer wide in places) It's not only a paradise for the birds (it remains one of the best birding sites in Europe with over 300 sp recorded including many that are very rare further west. ) but also for sailer and windsurfers. In the evening you can find a lot of restaurants with gipsy music and ... if you like to drink wine you will find a rich variety of wine....
- In a nutshell:Sailing, wine and ... a great place to enjoy the life!
His building was build in the second half of the 18th century. At the corner of the building is a bay with the "Auge... more travel advice
Rust is different .. there is no sun dial on the wall but a map. You see, the south part of the lake belongs to Hungary. more travel advice
Written Aug 7, 2003
On the way to the Lake Neusiedl
Written Aug 6, 2003
socrates_07's Related Pages
Rust Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perle des Ostens (Oesterreichs)"
- "LAKESIDE RUST - HOME OF THE WHITE STORK"
- "The only town at Lake Neusiedler See"
- "RUST ~ HOME OF THE STORKS"
- "Austrian Wine country"
- "Stork Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rust
- Hotels in Rust
- Transportation in Rust
- Nightlife in Rust
- Restaurants in Rust
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rust
- 21 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Rust?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rust
Photos in RustSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 26 reviews, 163 photos, 13 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 44 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 23 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Schneeberg Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanjing Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melk Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rust Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalian Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos