"My new Venice Page" Venice by socrates_07
Venice Travel Guide: 8,203 reviews and 21,709 photos
For me is an extraordinarily beautiful city, an urban landscape so rich that you can't walk for a minute without coming across something that's worth a stop; and the major sights like the basilica and piazza of San Marco are all they are cracked up to be, as are most of the lesser-known ones. The downside is that
Venice is deluged with tourists and it is expensive city. However, the crowds thin out beyond the magnetic field of San Marco, and in the off-season it's still possible to have parts of the centre virtually to yourself. As for keeping your costs down, there are some inexpensive eating places, and you can find a bed for the night without spending a fortune.
When Carnival first began it was celebrated from December 26 and reached its climax the day before Ash Wednesday, also... more travel advice
The Bridge of Sighs received its name in the 17th century, because the prisoners who passed through it on their way to... more travel advice
Written Mar 20, 2001
Carneval in Venice
Written Jan 12, 2001
Impressions of Venice
socrates_07's Related Pages
Venice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wandering around Venice with Suvanki"
- "Amore eterno per Venezia la Serenissima :-)"
- "Venice – the City of Art"
- "Vacations in Venice"
- "MERAVIGLIOSA VENEZIA"
- "Giacomo CASANOVA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venice
- Hotels in Venice
- Transportation in Venice
- Nightlife in Venice
- Restaurants in Venice
- Shopping in Venice
- Warnings and Dangers in Venice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Venice
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 62 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venice
Photos in VeniceSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 26 reviews, 163 photos, 13 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 44 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 23 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Schneeberg Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanjing Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melk Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rust Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalian Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos