"Red Sea Diving" Top 5 Page for this destination Kawm ad Dahab by THLIN

Kawm ad Dahab Travel Guide: 113 reviews and 335 photos

Diving is fun!!

Thank you Finn Chang who suggest me to dive in Dahab. I never know that I could make to dive indeed, because it's really SCARY to me.
First day I dived, due to lack of equalistion (a process to euqalise pressure indside and outside of the ear), my ear was extremely sore, I almost gave up. Second day, I was kinda sick, my nose was kept rinning. Strangely, I felt better and everything was quite good. Because I didn't have enough time, I needed to rush back to Amman for my return flight to Asia, I did quite a few exercises on my second and third days. Finally, with 80% of test, I had my license.
Diving in Red Sea should have been one of the highlights in Egypt. Besides pyrimids and mummies, nautral aquarium is also worth visiting. And if you want to compare the price here and the rest part of the world, you will find it good deal to dive here. It's safe, warm, beautiful, and most of all CHEAP!!
So Are you ready to dive now?!

I am really glad to be back in Africa again. Well, it's geographically not part of the continent, but it is still politically Africa. Since I love Africa so much, I am happy to go back to Mother Africa. It's my 14th country to travel and 5th African countries I've ever visited.

The place across the sea is Saudi Arabia. This is really a strange feeling. Why?! Every night in Egyptian side of the gulf, there are always parties, drinks, crazy people etc. And I strongly believe, they are two different worlds from each other.

• Pros:relaxing environment
  • Cons:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • In a nutshell:Please do not be so touristic...
  • Last visit to Kawm ad Dahab: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 25, 2005

Travelogues (1)

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2007 at 10:37 AM

The red sea contains some of the best diving sites in the world, so I think you made a good choice diving there! By the way, how's life lately? Hope you are doing well :)

• Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2007 at 12:05 PM

Excellent tips on Dahab. We are going at the end of November. Cant wait :)

• elektrakl's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2006 at 3:16 PM

Lovely advice: I want to plan a trip for October, 2006....anyone out there game? I reside in the USA.

• leonik's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2005 at 4:43 PM

hmm diving in the red sea looks amazing! i'd like to dive in eritrea though... =)

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2005 at 5:34 PM

Nice page! I can't wait to go to Dahab in October!! :)

• trisanna's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2005 at 2:12 AM

Glad you liked the diving. Have you dived any place else yet? Sorry about your ears. Reverse block can be very painful. Regarding, Taiwan, how far is sun moon lake from Taipei and is it worth going to?

• peerapa's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2005 at 10:37 PM

>__< I'm wanna dive...but my doctor's disallow me to dive... thanks for sharing your trip & your dive experience in Red Sea (^__^)....May

THLIN

“Proudly Made in Taiwan...”

Badges & Stats in Kawm ad Dahab

Have you been to Kawm ad Dahab?

Latest Activity in Kawm ad Dahab