Sudan Hotel Tips by kucha
Sudan Hotels: 15 reviews and 15 photos
Try to avoid hotels. Our best accommodation was with the chief of the local village in Um Rawaba. His family served us food (I was allowed to sit at the table as an 'honorary man') which was delicious and plentiful. Staying with friends, as we did in Um Rawaba, is another good idea.
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
This was just adequate. The food was only fair. The electricity went on and off throughout the stay. and it took three room changes to get a room where the air conditioning worked a little bit. The staff was indifferent, at best. That said, it is one of the better places to choose in Khartoum due to the central location, views of the river and general feeling of safety.
Unique Qualities: There is a pool, which some might consider essential given the heat of this city. The rooms all seem to have views of the Nile, which can be quite striking at a dusty sunset.
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
More Reviews (57)
- See All Soles of Your Shoes
- See All Jebel Awlia
- See All Limited Banking Options
- See All No Frequent Flyer Club Needed
- Red Sea Scuba Diving at Port Sudan
- See All Dust Storms
kucha's Related Pages
Sudan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Salaam Sudan!"
- "Once Largest Country in Africa"
- "Welcome to Sudan"
- "Tamam - Sudan?"
- "Sudan, the country of contradictions"
- "Sudan the largest country in Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sudan
- Hotels in Sudan
- Transportation in Sudan
- Nightlife in Sudan
- Restaurants in Sudan
- Shopping in Sudan
- Warnings and Dangers in Sudan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sudan
- 59 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Sudan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sudan
Read real reviews about Sudan Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 93 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adirondack State Park Intro, 45 reviews, 89 photos
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos
- Sudan Intro, 59 reviews, 35 photos
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Botswana Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saba Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida Intro, 21 reviews, 11 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos