Galápagos Islands Hotel Tips by kucha
Galápagos Islands Hotels: 74 reviews and 69 photos
While we liked the Resting Cloud and its crew and were extremely happy to be on a small sailing cruiser, rather than a large tourist cruise, we had an unplanned experience (hopefully never to be repeated). Our boat was cruising under motor power one night and ran out of gas. There was a storm underway and it was too late to raise the sails. After being tossed around, with little control, in the seas for many hours, we were towed to the nearest island by ther Ecuadorian navy.
Unique Qualities: With only 8 cabins, this was a more peaceful way to experience the Galapagos, for sure! The food was also fresh, with plenty of fish and local produce.
Comparison: more expensive than average
Price: US$180 and up
More Reviews (7)
kucha's Related Pages
Galápagos Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Galapagos Islands"
- "Places and faces of the Galapagos"
- "Independently Galapagos"
- "A world apart"
- "The Enchanted Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Galápagos Islands
- Hotels in Galápagos Islands
- Transportation in Galápagos Islands
- Nightlife in Galápagos Islands
- Restaurants in Galápagos Islands
- Shopping in Galápagos Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Galápagos Islands
- See All...
Explore the World
- Residence Inn Beverly Hills
- Paradise Motel & Suites
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
- The Cove On Ormond Beach
- LUX Belle Mare
- Oxford Hotel Earls Court
- Hotel El Silencio del Campo
- Oak Ridge Lodge Pagosa Springs
- Riu Florida Beach Hotel
- Abad Copper Castle
- Hotel Villa Emilia
- Ramada Plaza Beirut Raouche
- Gainey Suites
- Sunny Hill Hotel Apartments
Badges & Stats in Galápagos Islands
- 8 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Galápagos Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Galápagos Islands
Photos in Galápagos IslandsSee All Photos (19)
Read real reviews about Galápagos Islands Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 93 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues
- Adirondack State Park Intro, 45 reviews, 89 photos
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos
- Sudan Intro, 59 reviews, 35 photos
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Botswana Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saba Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida Intro, 21 reviews, 11 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos