"Victoria Falls: One of the Natural Wonders" Victoria Falls by kucha
Victoria Falls Travel Guide: 443 reviews and 1,074 photos
Victoria Falls - one of the seven wonders of the natural world - is a mighty spectacle well worth including in a safari itinerary to Southern Africa. In fact, Vic Falls is on the doorstep of some of the most magnificent wildlife regions of Botswana - Chobe National Park and the Okavango Delta.
The historic town of Livingstone lies on the Zambian side, opposite the town of Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. Both towns are served by regular scheduled flights from Johannesburg - the primary entry point into Southern Africa. There is a wide choice of accommodation - from old colonial hotels to spectacular lodges along the Zambezi River.
It is best to spend 2 or 3 nights at Victoria Falls, with at least a full day viewing the falls from different vantage points. There are helicopter, light aircraft and microlight flights over the falls, while adventurous can get their kicks bungey jumping off Vic Falls bridge or white water rafting. Personally, I settled for a light aircraft flight over the falls, as well as plenty of hiking along the many riverside paths and vantage points. A rented bike trip across the border from Zimbabwe to Zambia was also fun.
Go to the Gorges Lodge for a drink or a meal. This lodge is a little out of the way, but has unique and stunning views... more travel advice
I've stayed at this hotel several times and have never been disappointed. Internationally claimed, The Victoria Falls... more travel advice
kucha's Related Pages
Victoria Falls Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""The Smoke that Thunders""
- "Victoria Falls, the smoke that thunders"
- "VICTORIA FALLS, ZIMBABWE"
- "Victoria Falls - The smoke that thunders."
- "Twenty-six hours at Victoria Falls"
- "THE BEAUTIFUL SIDE OF THE FALLS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Victoria Falls
- Hotels in Victoria Falls
- Transportation in Victoria Falls
- Nightlife in Victoria Falls
- Restaurants in Victoria Falls
- Shopping in Victoria Falls
- Warnings and Dangers in Victoria Falls
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Victoria Falls
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Victoria Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Victoria Falls
Photos in Victoria FallsSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 93 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues
- Adirondack State Park Intro, 45 reviews, 89 photos
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos
- Sudan Intro, 59 reviews, 35 photos
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Botswana Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saba Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida Intro, 21 reviews, 11 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos
Latest Victoria Falls hotel reviews
- HOTEL MERCURE RAINBOW
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- The Kingdom at Victoria Falls
- 219 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Elephant Hills Hotel Victoria Falls
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
- 311 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Victoria Falls Backpackers
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Drifters' Victoria Falls Inn
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 15, 2013
- Victoria Falls Hotel
- 459 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- &Beyond Matetsi Water Lodge
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Ilala Lodge
- 261 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Azambezi River Lodge
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Sprayview Hotel
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 20, 2013
- Shoestrings Lodge
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Hotel Mercure A'Zambezi Victoria Falls
- 130 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Savanna Lodge
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013