"June in Provence" Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur by kucha
Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Travel Guide: 6,665 reviews and 17,229 photos
Rolling hills, suddenly exposed cliff faces, lazy rivers, green vineyards and -- best of all -- rich, purple lavender fields, all combine to make this region a true treat for the eyes. All this beauty comes against a backdrop of hot, dry and frequently windy weather if one visits in summer months.
The region is rich in history, from prehistoric caves, to Roman ruins, to medieval vilalges, castles and fortresses. In addition to visiting some of the more famous sites (such as Pont du Gard or Avignon), the small villages with narrow and cobblestone streets are a great way to experience the history of the region -- especially on market day, when one can easily imagine the market vendors of 300 years ago lining up in the very same streets to sell their products.
Eating is a favortie pasttime in Provence, and for good reason. The theme here is definitely about eating what is fresh and local. Fresh game and fish, locally-picked fruits, vegetables and herbs -- and simple preparations -- all allow the food itself to really stand out!
Not only is the Monday morning market in this town incredibly authentic, colorful and fun, but the town itself has a... more travel advice
Like several towns in the region, Gordes has been rated one of the "most beautiful villages in France." As you wind up... more travel advice
kucha's Related Pages
Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Provence in the autumn is beautiful!"
- "La Provence par Porteplume"
- "Cote d'Azur"
- "A Beer in Provence"
- "Provence and Cote de Azur"
- "My Cote D'Azur"
- "Provence 2008 - Off Season"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Hotels in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Transportation in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Nightlife in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Restaurants in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Shopping in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Warnings and Dangers in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- 25 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Wrote a Review Do Not Speed! in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Warnings and Dangers
- Posted in Travel Mexico Forum "RE: all inclusives"
- Commented on one of vivalasteph's Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Forcalquier"
- updated a Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Travel Page "June in Provence"
Photos in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'AzurSee All Photos (94)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 93 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues
- Adirondack State Park Intro, 45 reviews, 89 photos
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos
- Sudan Intro, 59 reviews, 35 photos
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Botswana Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saba Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida Intro, 21 reviews, 11 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos
Top Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur hotels
- Nice Hotels
- 1782 Reviews - 3912 Photos
- Cannes Hotels
- 442 Reviews - 1100 Photos
- Avignon Hotels
- 414 Reviews - 1172 Photos
- Villefranche-sur-Mer Hotels
- 94 Reviews - 239 Photos
- Marseille Hotels
- 768 Reviews - 1747 Photos
- Aix-en-Provence Hotels
- 331 Reviews - 711 Photos
- Juan-les-Pins Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 58 Photos
- Menton Hotels
- 131 Reviews - 292 Photos
- Toulon Hotels
- 80 Reviews - 331 Photos
- Roquebrune-Cap-Martin Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 43 Photos
- Antibes Hotels
- 196 Reviews - 492 Photos
- Arles Hotels
- 292 Reviews - 789 Photos
- Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 194 Photos
- Cassis Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 84 Photos
- Beausoleil Hotels
- 10 Hotels