"Grande Dame of Provence" Avignon by kucha
Avignon Travel Guide: 490 reviews and 1,438 photos
Avignon is one of the most popular tourist attractions in France, but with good cause. Of course, there is the famous "broken bridge" which is truly a sight to behold, but there is also the Palace of the Popes -- home to a succession of Popes during the time period (14th century) when the Popes were being run out of Italy! There are wonderful walking streets, great places to stop and have drinks, dinners or picnics, sophisitcated shopping opporunities and even some nightclubs/wine bars to sample. This town has it all, including a wealth of great hotels from which to choose.
kucha's Related Pages
Avignon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Dilettante & Demoiselles of Avignon"
- "Enchanting Avignon!"
- "Avignon - Cité des papes et du théâtre"
- "Several Popes and More"
- "The Papacy of Avignon"
- "Beautiful Architecture, Romans, Popes, Arts..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Avignon
- Hotels in Avignon
- Transportation in Avignon
- Nightlife in Avignon
- Restaurants in Avignon
- Shopping in Avignon
- Warnings and Dangers in Avignon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Avignon
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Avignon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Avignon
Photos in AvignonSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 93 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adirondack State Park Intro, 45 reviews, 89 photos
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos
- Sudan Intro, 59 reviews, 35 photos
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Botswana Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saba Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida Intro, 21 reviews, 11 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos