"Lanzarote" Top 5 Page for this destination Canary Islands by cheekymarieh
Canary Islands Travel Guide: 4,936 reviews and 11,247 photos
Lanzarote in the Canary Islands is a great place to head if you want year round sun. The island is located just off the coast of Africa and although it actually belongs to Spain its geographic location is closer to Africa. The people seem to be a mixture of different ethnicities. I would find it hard to say that I had seen a typical Lanzarote native.
I have to admit that when we went in January I was pleasantly surprised at this fascinating little island which I assumed was little more than a volcano with a few little beaches.
Instead I found any island with much to see and do. There are many places of interest to see and we did our best in our week there. This was one of those places that I went with few expectations but came back with lots of great memories.
The local tourist board map here shows this compact little island. It is very arid and you will see a lot of the lava put to good use by the locals. The black of the lava makes a stunning contrast to the greens of the plants sprouting up above it.
Day time temperatures on the island tend to hover around 25C all year round. It also has a very low rain fall which means that you are virtually guaranteed fine weather for the whole year. To be honest, out winter is probably the best time to head over there - I actually had warmer weather than a friend who went in August!
- Pros:Warm all year round
- Cons:The sea is cold, can be cold on a night
- In a nutshell:A Week Is Probably Enough To See Everything
This is the principal wine growing area of the region. The green vines are a great contrsat to the black volcanic... more travel advice
This was the ancient former capital of the island. Despite many pirate attacks, the town has many fine old buildings. In... more travel advice
- See All Traditional Drinks
- See All Engagement Presents
- See All Local buses are excellent....
- Teguise Market
- See All Costa Teguise
cheekymarieh's Related Pages
Canary Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LAS ISLAS CANARIAS"
- "Leroy's new Canary Islands Page"
- "Was there as a child - Am there as an adult!"
- "F.Lade's new Canary Islands Page"
- "Canary Islands : TENERIFEVamos a volar a Tenerife"
- "spetterke's Trip to Canary Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canary Islands
- Hotels in Canary Islands
- Transportation in Canary Islands
- Nightlife in Canary Islands
- Restaurants in Canary Islands
- Shopping in Canary Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Canary Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canary Islands
- 40 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Canary Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canary Islands
Photos in Canary IslandsSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Europe Intro, 56 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 50 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 48 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cyprus Intro, 48 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Famagusta District Intro, 47 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middlesbrough Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Poland Intro, 25 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 40 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 30 reviews, 37 photos