"Troubled Times In Treblinka" Treblinka by cheekymarieh
Treblinka Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 23 photos
The extermination camp at Treblinka is second only in size to Auschwitz. It was built early in 1942 and was preceded by a penal labour camp built the previous year.
More than half of the Polish people sent to the penal camp died of starvation or torture. The Poles were the main occupants of this part of the camp.
The extermination camp was where the Jews of many countries were sent. There were 13 gas chambers in use at its height. The bodies were then burnt on purpose built grates. In excess of 800,00 Jews were killed in the period up to November 1943. It was then that the camp was raised to the ground.
cheekymarieh's Related Pages
Treblinka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Troubled Times In Treblinka"
- "The Nazi's second largest extermination camp"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Treblinka
- Transportation in Treblinka
- Warnings and Dangers in Treblinka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Treblinka
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Treblinka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Treblinka
Photos in TreblinkaSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Europe Intro, 56 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 50 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 48 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cyprus Intro, 48 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Famagusta District Intro, 47 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middlesbrough Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Poland Intro, 25 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 40 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 30 reviews, 37 photos