"Rabac - A Beautiful Spot On The Adriatic" Rabac by cheekymarieh

Rabac Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 46 photos

Rabac is a coastal resort on the Istrian Peninsula. This was where I spent my first holiday unaccompanied by my parents and it is a spot that I have returned to several times since.

The resort is located around a scenic harbour area where you find fisherman working side by side with tourists wandering along the short promenade.

There is a pebble beach with watersports on offer (how can I forget getting a pedalo stuck on a rope holding buoys in place!) and also several little coves along the coastline in the area.

My memories of the area are pre-collapse of the former Yugoslavia. At the time photos of Tito were to be found in many shops, cafes and restaurants. On the last trip there though I noticed there decline in number. This was obviously a sign of things that were to come. We also saw some signs of unrest between the different ethnic groups within the area. Of course, this area is now safe to visit again and compared to many areas of Croatia it escaped relatively unscathed.

• Pros:Some excellent little coves in which to relax
  • Cons:Pebbles instead of sand
  • In a nutshell:A Perfect Place To Get Away From It All
  • Intro Updated Mar 30, 2003

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2007 at 7:00 AM

Looks a pretty place. How is the grappa?

• Feb 27, 2006 at 8:31 AM

Its always very nice to read abouth Rabac:) Franky

• Jan 8, 2006 at 8:37 PM

i've gotta get myself up to istria one day, i usually stay more south. nice page!

• glenabel's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2005 at 3:16 PM

Rabac is a great place to go swimming!

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2005 at 9:28 AM

To sit there by the sea watching the world go by at this moment in time sounds blissful :-)

• Aug 30, 2004 at 8:10 PM

Hey no night life tips!? Techno party is quite new - I don't think Rabac was popular night life destination in Istria when you were there. You must go again!!! Nice photos of Rabac - I want to go now...

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2004 at 8:54 PM

I have several times passed by Labin but never been to Rabac. I feel now that, next time, I should. Thank you !

• Feb 17, 2003 at 12:14 PM

Croatia as a whole is a magical, enchanting place. Viewing this page just roots me deeper in my belief.

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2003 at 12:59 PM

first of all …..why ….cheeky …..second …nice page

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2003 at 12:13 PM

it is very underrated destination, pitty

cheekymarieh

“Life's Too Short To Sit At Home”

Badges & Stats in Rabac