"Vermont" Top 5 Page for this destination Vermont by nuker

Vermont Travel Guide: 854 reviews and 1,740 photos

Vermont is a state I have been visiting for many years now with family, friends, and just my wife. I love driving through the mountains and the farms as you drive from town to town. Vermont typifies small town living and the America you see in Norman Rockwell paintings.

Most people tend to visit Vermont is the fall and the winter. New England int he fall is the host of some of the most beautiful foliage in the world. People from everywhere flock to Vermont to experience the change from summer to fall.

Vermont is also host to some of the best skiing in Eastern half of the United States. Not being a skier, I can't provide too much help in this category. One thing I don know, is the "ski villages" are great places to hang out and visit whether you ski or not. The scenery and snow is non-stop.

The top towns I have vistited are Burlington, Stowe, and Killington. Are three will provide a memorable visit no matter how long you spend there. Just the drive from town to town is worth it. As you drive, you see the Green Mountains, rivers, streams and all the beautiful small towns in between. If you are visiting Hartford, New York City, Boston, or Providence, I recommend highly taking a couple of day (even one day) and drive to Vermont. You will not be disappointed!

• Intro Updated Dec 29, 2008

• Mar 25, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Even though I moved to Virginia in 1999, Vermont will always be home. I was born in Berlin...

• Oct 10, 2008 at 10:00 AM

Burlington is actually not the capital of Vermont, Montpelier is.

• May 5, 2008 at 5:19 PM

I am pretty sure that when you mentioned Burlington as being the capital of Vermont that that was an incorrect statement.

• Nov 12, 2007 at 7:11 PM

Dear nuker -- Burlington's a great small city, but Montpelier's the capital.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2007 at 6:17 AM

farms, meadows, mountains, and that amazing foliage...you can't beat Vermont.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2005 at 1:59 PM

Your winter scenes were absolutely gorgeous--

• Aug 28, 2004 at 6:46 PM

nice page, you pretty much described VT pretty well. But being a Vermonter, I feel it's my job to inform you that Montpelier is our state capitol, not Burlington. Personally I think Burlington would be a better capitol city. Common misconception

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2002 at 8:05 AM

Great page. Brings back childhood memories.

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2002 at 12:20 AM

great page with wonderful winter photos

• vicabarati's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2001 at 1:05 PM

I knew more from Vermont,thank`s your great page!

nuker

“Where are we now!?”

Badges & Stats in Vermont

Have you been to Vermont?

Latest Activity in Vermont