"cape verde for budget travelers" windpaard's Profile
cape verde is a quite nice place with about 9 islands.No criminality,no hassle,the people is correct with the prices,they ask the correct price.
1usd=115 ecv.(escudo caboverdeano).You can find a double room for about 15 usd,when you are alone it costs a little less.
ILHA DO SAL
Hier is the international airport.The taxi to espargos is 150 ecv. in the day and 200 ecv at night.
you can sleep by 'casa dona angela'1500 ecv.single and 2000ecv double.YOu can visit the tourist beach of santa marie with 'aluguer'(local transport) for 50ecv.
The port of palmeira is also a place to visit there are 2 restaurants and some bars.
there are 3 boats going between the islands,once a week there a boat between the islands.THe price:1800 for deck and 2800 ecv for abed in a four bed cabine.They a new boat 'praia the aguada' between mindelo and praia in santiago,it kosts about 1000ecv more than the others boats.
With plane there are a lot possibilities,they have 2 companies tacv and interislands,for about 50 usd between the islands.
ILHA DE S.VICENTE
Is a dry island with a colonial city mindelo.
you can sleep bij hotel chave d'oro,they have tiny rooms in the second floor for 930 ecv.Hotel atlantido is cheaper 800/1000ecv.Hotel amarante kost a little more.
ILHA DE SANTO ANTAO
it is a nice ,with green valleys and high mountains.
IN ribeira grande is easy to find accomodation by dona bibi,pensao aliança for 1000/1500ecv.
The place ponta do sol is nice as a fisher port and is also easy to find place to sleep.I enjoyed the walk to fontainhas,a nice village in the moutains.From ribeira grande you can make great walks through the ribeiras.
The village tarrafal in the other side of the island as also place to sleep by frank a german who has there several houses,is well a 3 and half hour ride with a pick up in a moutainous track from the port porto novo.
Some sail boats come there because there is protect from the wind,there good drinking water too.it is quite there but you can make some nice walks,i stay there 10 days.
I liked my travel .
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 113 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 22 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Posted in Travel Olympos Forum "Re: Getting to Olympos from the..."
- Wrote a Review bus from charleroi airport to eindhoven airport in Belgium Transportation
- windpaard and claudiapires are now friends.
- updated a Isla de Gran Canaria Travelogue "nice quite port"
- Commented on marenloo's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "spectacular beaches"
created their Profile Page "cape verde for budget travelers"
Top 10 Pages
- Leuven Intro, 17 reviews
- Unawatuna Intro, 14 reviews
- Essaouira Intro, 10 reviews, 2 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
- Lisbon Intro, 8 reviews
- Madeira Island Intro, 8 reviews
- Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 6 reviews
- Lagos Intro, 6 reviews
- Colombo Intro, 5 reviews
- Mirissa South Intro, 5 reviews
- Paris Hotels
- 22165 Reviews - 53882 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23062 Reviews - 47262 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4464 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7633 Reviews - 19478 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos