"cape verde for budget travelers" windpaard's Profile
cape verde is a quite nice place with about 9 islands.No criminality,no hassle,the people is correct with the prices,they ask the correct price.
1usd=115 ecv.(escudo caboverdeano).You can find a double room for about 15 usd,when you are alone it costs a little less.
ILHA DO SAL
Hier is the international airport.The taxi to espargos is 150 ecv. in the day and 200 ecv at night.
you can sleep by 'casa dona angela'1500 ecv.single and 2000ecv double.YOu can visit the tourist beach of santa marie with 'aluguer'(local transport) for 50ecv.
The port of palmeira is also a place to visit there are 2 restaurants and some bars.
there are 3 boats going between the islands,once a week there a boat between the islands.THe price:1800 for deck and 2800 ecv for abed in a four bed cabine.They a new boat 'praia the aguada' between mindelo and praia in santiago,it kosts about 1000ecv more than the others boats.
With plane there are a lot possibilities,they have 2 companies tacv and interislands,for about 50 usd between the islands.
ILHA DE S.VICENTE
Is a dry island with a colonial city mindelo.
you can sleep bij hotel chave d'oro,they have tiny rooms in the second floor for 930 ecv.Hotel atlantido is cheaper 800/1000ecv.Hotel amarante kost a little more.
ILHA DE SANTO ANTAO
it is a nice ,with green valleys and high mountains.
IN ribeira grande is easy to find accomodation by dona bibi,pensao aliança for 1000/1500ecv.
The place ponta do sol is nice as a fisher port and is also easy to find place to sleep.I enjoyed the walk to fontainhas,a nice village in the moutains.From ribeira grande you can make great walks through the ribeiras.
The village tarrafal in the other side of the island as also place to sleep by frank a german who has there several houses,is well a 3 and half hour ride with a pick up in a moutainous track from the port porto novo.
Some sail boats come there because there is protect from the wind,there good drinking water too.it is quite there but you can make some nice walks,i stay there 10 days.
I liked my travel .
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 125 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 24 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
- Posted in Travel Sri Lanka Forum "Re: Can you travel as front..."
- Wrote a Review transportation inside luxembour in Luxembourg Transportation
- Commented on picek's profile page
- created a Agadir Travel Page "moderne city"
- windpaard and claudiapires are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "spectacular beaches"
created their Profile Page "cape verde for budget travelers"
Top 10 Pages
- Leuven Intro, 20 reviews
- Unawatuna Intro, 14 reviews
- Essaouira Intro, 10 reviews, 2 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
- Lisbon Intro, 8 reviews
- Madeira Island Intro, 8 reviews
- Agadir Intro, 6 reviews
- Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 6 reviews
- Lagos Intro, 6 reviews
- Colombo Intro, 5 reviews
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos