"Grey weather? No! England is H O T !" England by smoox
England Travel Guide: 64,677 reviews and 149,416 photos
I have just realized that I have never done a page on England although I frequently travel there - on business or on holiday. So here are some of my impressions!
These pictures were taken in the hot summer of 2003 - and WAS England hot then. In Cambridge, they even closed a gas station because the tar was melting over the tanks. Emergency conditions.
Note: Most accommodations do not have air condition. They do not really need it.
Note again: I have seen quite a few hot summers in England - but they are not always sizzling hot. 2003 must have been an exception.
The middle ages are alive! Chester is a great example of how England has managed to take the medieval times into the 21st century.
Cathedrals are, of course, a must. Every little place has one. Most unfortunately, they often charge entrance fees nowadays.
- Pros:Adorable people, adorable landscape, adorable culture.
- Cons:$$$$$$$$$$$$ ! Bring money!
´The place is full, expensive and not really worth visiting. Does the Queen need money that badly? Back in 2003: 11,50... more travel advice
Thirsty? Try the Old Starre Inn near Stonegate. In the warm and sunny season, they have a lovely little garden for you.... more travel advice
smoox's Related Pages
England Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "England my England"
- "The Regal Lion"
- "My bit of the UK."
- "This England"
- "Enticing England"
- "England has a Little Bit of Everything"
- "A local canal walk in west yorkshire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in England
- Hotels in England
- Transportation in England
- Nightlife in England
- Restaurants in England
- Shopping in England
- Warnings and Dangers in England
- See All...
Badges & Stats in England
- 27 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to England?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in England
Top 10 Pages
- Namibia Intro, 24 reviews, 96 photos, 7 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 57 reviews, 58 photos
- Thailand Intro, 54 reviews, 55 photos
- Egypt Intro, 48 reviews, 45 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 44 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 42 photos
- Australia Intro, 37 reviews, 33 photos
- England Intro, 27 reviews, 40 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 8 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues