"Egypt - Land of the Pharaos" Egypt by smoox

Egypt Travel Guide: 16,112 reviews and 41,014 photos

Whenever I go to Egypt, I feel that I must have lived there in one of my former lives. The plane touches down, I debark - and feel at home. Maybe it's the hot, dry desert air, maybe it's the colours, maybe the multitude of smells...... I don't know.
Pharaonic Egypt has been one of my hobbies ever since I was a teenager, and who would not recall the awe that struck him when seeing King Tut's mask for the first time. Like so many others, I wonder what it must have been like in his time. Personally, however, I root for Queen Hatshepsut. She must have been a hell of a woman!

• Last visit to Egypt: Mar 2001
  • Intro Updated Feb 2, 2006

• Adoula's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2006 at 12:01 PM

i liked your travel pages. Keep traveling..Have fun

• besal's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2005 at 12:20 AM

Excellent Tips..bookmarked your Egypt page for whenever I get the opportunity to visit.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2005 at 11:04 AM

Good tips - but what is a biro??

• Beograd's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2004 at 3:25 AM

I also felt at home in Egypt.But if u think the aligator was a shock, what would u do if u found "a man" in clothes lieing in ur bed, like my friends did?They were in shock before realised it was just their towels turned into a person in their clothes:)

• Efrika's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2003 at 7:32 AM

lol ! :) liked the picture with the bedouins' car service and all the hotel decorations :D

• dinhyen's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2003 at 10:25 AM

Egypt is the most fascinating of ancient civilizations. You have represented it well.

• silvia_chang's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2003 at 9:39 AM

I can't wait to travel to Egypt!!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2002 at 9:13 AM

Wow! Great Page! I hope to see Egypt someday!

• genispp's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2002 at 10:15 AM

Beautiful page: good info and photos

• Lalique's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2002 at 1:40 AM

Exellent pics and nice story about Egypt wonderings. Brought back a lot of memories!

smoox Visits Here Frequently!

smoox

“Life means travelling, and travelling means living (Jean Paul)”

Badges & Stats in Egypt