"Egypt - Land of the Pharaos" Egypt by smoox
Egypt Travel Guide: 16,108 reviews and 41,237 photos
Whenever I go to Egypt, I feel that I must have lived there in one of my former lives. The plane touches down, I debark - and feel at home. Maybe it's the hot, dry desert air, maybe it's the colours, maybe the multitude of smells...... I don't know.
Pharaonic Egypt has been one of my hobbies ever since I was a teenager, and who would not recall the awe that struck him when seeing King Tut's mask for the first time. Like so many others, I wonder what it must have been like in his time. Personally, however, I root for Queen Hatshepsut. She must have been a hell of a woman!
Across the Nile is Luxor, the busy town with airport and accommodation. Of course, it´s ancient Thebes and therefore... more travel advice
Just beyond the surrounding mountains, there is Deir el Bahari with Queen Hatshepsut´s famous temple . Archaelogists... more travel advice
smoox's Related Pages
Egypt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EGYPT - DECODING THE PAST"
- "Egypt- "Welcome to Egypt, Where's my tip? ""
- "Small pieces of a beautiful dream"
- "Another point of view on history of Egypt"
- "Paul2001's Egypt Page"
- "Nile Cruise- experience the Pharaonic times &Sharm"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Egypt
- Hotels in Egypt
- Transportation in Egypt
- Nightlife in Egypt
- Restaurants in Egypt
- Shopping in Egypt
- Warnings and Dangers in Egypt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Egypt
- 48 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Egypt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Egypt
Top 10 Pages
- Namibia Intro, 24 reviews, 96 photos, 7 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 57 reviews, 58 photos
- Thailand Intro, 54 reviews, 55 photos
- Egypt Intro, 48 reviews, 45 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 44 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 42 photos
- Australia Intro, 37 reviews, 33 photos
- England Intro, 27 reviews, 40 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 8 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues