"A terrible place to lose a cow" Bryce Canyon National Park by smoox
Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Guide: 588 reviews and 1,464 photos
When I first saw Bryce Canyon back in 1980, I was stunned. I had seen pictures, yes, but nothing compares to the real thing.
Bryce Canyon is not really a canyon but a natural amphitheatre 3000 metres high up. It´s one of nature´s masterpieces, unparalleled anywhere in the world. BUT it´s no good for farming, it´s "bad land", as the first settlers called it. And Ebenezer Bryce, who tried to raise cattle here, must have been quite frustrated when looking for stray cows in the maze.....
To see Bryce Canyon at its best you´ll have to be up before nine a.m.. The colours are most intense then, and the rocks... more travel advice
Here you can see harder layers protecting the softer stone underneath. The result are 'hats' reminding me of a picture... more travel advice
smoox's Related Pages
Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Hoodoos and Queens"
- "Bryce Canyon – magic encounters with artist Earth"
- "Don't Think Thrice, Bryce is All Right!"
- "Hoodoo's-NOt Boo Hoo's"
- "Colourful and Weird Hoodoos at Bryce"
- "Bryce Canyon National Park"
- "Roundtrip USA : part 16 Bryce Canyon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Hotels in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Transportation in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Nightlife in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Restaurants in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Shopping in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Bryce Canyon National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bryce Canyon National Park
- 22 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bryce Canyon National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bryce Canyon National Park
Photos in Bryce Canyon National ParkSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Namibia Intro, 24 reviews, 96 photos, 7 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 57 reviews, 58 photos
- Thailand Intro, 54 reviews, 55 photos
- Egypt Intro, 48 reviews, 45 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 44 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 42 photos
- Australia Intro, 37 reviews, 33 photos
- England Intro, 27 reviews, 40 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 8 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues