"Death Valley" Death Valley National Park by smoox
Death Valley National Park Travel Guide: 896 reviews and 1,904 photos
In the USA, extremes can be found right next to each other. Death Valley is about 86 metres BELOW sea level, and Mount Whitney with over 4000 metres ABOVE sea level the highest mountain within the 48 continental states, is not far away.
The name of the place is not only very descriptive - I suppose in the old days it was a promise as well. Nowadays, well-paved roads guide the traveller through this desolate wilderness, but back then... Little to no water, relentless sun, heat, snakes.... Yet man actually WORKED there, extracting minerals from mines.
smoox's Related Pages
Death Valley National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Death Valley National Park Page"
- "Death Valley ? No, a valley of flowers !"
- "~ Blooming with life!~"
- "Into the Valley of Death..."
- "Death Valley - Land of Beauty and Contrasts"
- "Death Valley"
- "Multiple Colors in the "Death" Desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Death Valley National Park
- Hotels in Death Valley National Park
- Transportation in Death Valley National Park
- Nightlife in Death Valley National Park
- Restaurants in Death Valley National Park
- Shopping in Death Valley National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Death Valley National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Death Valley National Park
- 10 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Death Valley National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Death Valley National Park
Photos in Death Valley National ParkSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Namibia Intro, 24 reviews, 96 photos, 7 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 57 reviews, 58 photos
- Thailand Intro, 54 reviews, 55 photos
- Egypt Intro, 48 reviews, 45 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 44 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 42 photos
- Australia Intro, 37 reviews, 33 photos
- England Intro, 27 reviews, 40 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 8 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Death Valley National Park hotel reviews
- Stovepipe Wells Village
- 628 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch Resort
- 1250 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Furnace Creek Campground
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013
- Mesquite Springs Campground
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Sunset Campground
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 8, 2012