"Creston - BC's little Milwaukee" Creston by glicko
Creston Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 42 photos
Kokanee -- more of this liquid has passed through my system than I'd really like to admit. Kokanee isn't so much a beer in BC as a right of passage. This was probably the first beer you swiped from your dad as a young teen (guilty!) Your first bush party, it was there. Your 19th birthday, it was on tap. There's a case in your parents' fridge. You remember "Brew," the lovable beer-fetching mutt from the ads in the '80s. Every region has it's big local beer -- Genessee in upstate New York, Olympia or Rainier on Washington, Lone Star in Texas, Moosehead or Alex Keith's in Nova Scotia -- Kokanee is BC's big beer.
Creston itself, besides breweries, is the largest town in a fertile valley upstream of Kootenay lake. Locally famous for its fruit stands and reclusive polygamist Mormon outlaws, Creston is quite a nice town. The downtown is cozy, the surroundings are peaceful, and the produce is excellent. No Kootenay roadtrip is without a stop in Creston. It's situated at the foot of Kootenay Pass at the junction of BC highways 3, 3A and 22.
- Pros:Beer and fruit...
- Cons:Slow traffic and religious extremists
- In a nutshell:Not many prettier towns...
Cafe Mojo is situated at the Ministry of Transportaion's ferry dock in Kootenay Bay. If you are travelling to Nelson or... more travel advice
glicko's Related Pages
Creston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gem of the Kootenays"
- "Creston - BC's little Milwaukee"
- "Creston, Why Creston?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Creston
- Hotels in Creston
- Transportation in Creston
- Restaurants in Creston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Creston
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Creston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Creston
Top 10 Pages
- Calgary Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nelson Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Edmonton Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Brazil Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Province of British Columbia Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Argentina Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lethbridge Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos