"Salmo - Caffeine and the smell of burnt brakes" Salmo by glicko
Salmo Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 2 photos
Salmo is a compact town at the junction of Highway 3 and Highway 6. It is located at the east end of the Kootenay Pass section of Highway 3 (a/k/a the Crowsnest, the Kootenay Skyway, the Salmo-Creston, that road that burnt out my breaks and stripped my gears).
Salmo is also the first town of any size you will encounter after leaving Washington State through Canada Customs and Revenue's Nelway port of entry.
Either the pass or a particularly bored and vindictive customs officer will give you a hankering for your favourite libation -- coffee, beer, tobacco, or "other." Salmo is as good a place as any for a pit stop.
- Pros:Located right where you need it.
- Cons:Speed limit drops to 70 from 100 km/h (watch for mounties!)
- In a nutshell:Stretch legs, grab a beer, refill your mug, put some gas in the tank, eat, relax.
glicko's Related Pages
Salmo Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Salmo
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Salmo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salmo
Top 10 Pages
- Calgary Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nelson Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Edmonton Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Brazil Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Province of British Columbia Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Argentina Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lethbridge Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos