"Abbey Gate" Bury Saint Edmunds by morgandk
Bury Saint Edmunds Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 165 photos
Bury used to have the largest Abbey in Europe- until the peasants revolted against monastic rule- sacked the Abbey- and used the stones to build their own homes. Still impressive and a nice little city.
Excellent British fare. Good local brew and a warm and friendly atsmosphere. Skip the smoke Salmon- but I did enjoy the... more travel advice
The Cathedral is the heart of the market town of Bury St Edmunds and is adjacent to the Abbey Gardens. It stands... more travel advice
morgandk's Related Pages
Bury Saint Edmunds Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bury St Edmunds - My Hometown! Well it used to be!"
- "A very impressive cathedral"
- "Bury St Edmunds"
- "Bury St. Edmunds Abbey and Gardens."
- "Shrine of the King, Cradle of the Law"
- "Bury St Edmonds"
- "Abbey Gate"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bury Saint Edmunds
- Hotels in Bury Saint Edmunds
- Transportation in Bury Saint Edmunds
- Nightlife in Bury Saint Edmunds
- Restaurants in Bury Saint Edmunds
- Shopping in Bury Saint Edmunds
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bury Saint Edmunds
- 6 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bury Saint Edmunds?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bury Saint Edmunds
Top 10 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Colorado Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Arizona Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mildenhall Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Lakenheath Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Penrose Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Orlando Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Montgomery Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Canon City Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos