"Quintana Roo and the maya riviera" Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Quintana Roo by Maria_75
Estado de Quintana Roo Travel Guide: 4,673 reviews and 10,675 photos
Quinatana Roo is one of the three states that make up the Yucatán peninsula. Until the 1960's this area had not so much contact with the rest of the country, but after tourism starting growing here the infrastructure has gotten better. The biggest touristresort is Cancun at the northern tip of the peninsula. All along the once barren coasts there are now hotels popping up everywhere. But in the south of the coast you can still find small and untouched places.
On these pages I will show a little of what this state has to offer, for more info you can check out my travelpages for each place:
- the big and neversleeping touristresort, famous for it's beach and energetic partylife.
Playa del Carmen
- once a small and sleepy fishingvillage, but today a very popular and charming touristresort.
- the island which was made famous by Jaques Costeau in the 1960's for it's incredible underwater life. One of the best places in the world for scuba and snorkelling.
- one of the most beautiful ruins, in addition to long, white beaches and turquoise water.
Mexico is a very big country, and if you plan to do a lot of travelling you should consider taking a plane at least... more travel advice
Bus is the best way to get around Quintana Roo. They are quite frequent and they are also very cheap. They come in all... more travel advice
Maria_75's Related Pages
Estado de Quintana Roo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cenotes and visiting the Maya's"
- "A week on the Riviera Maya"
- "Quintana Roo"
- "Quintana Roo and the maya riviera"
- "Mexico Trip"
- "Fly into Cancun and then GET OUT!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Hotels in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Transportation in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Nightlife in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Restaurants in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Shopping in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Quintana Roo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado de Quintana Roo
- 90 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Estado de Quintana Roo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Quintana Roo
Photos in Estado de Quintana RooSee All Photos (108)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 120 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 55 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tulum Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palenque Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico City Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canary Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (40)
Top Estado de Quintana Roo hotels
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Tulum Hotels
- 451 Reviews - 1321 Photos
- Akumal Hotels
- 72 Reviews - 166 Photos
- Puerto Aventuras Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 97 Photos
- Puerto Morelos Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 12 Photos
- Isla Cozumel Hotels
- 563 Reviews - 1416 Photos
- Isla Mujeres Hotels
- 208 Reviews - 572 Photos
- Puerto Morelos Hotels
- 79 Reviews - 199 Photos
- San Miguel de Cozumel Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 101 Photos
- Isla Blanca Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Paraiso Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Chetumal Hotels
- 27 Reviews - 71 Photos
- Isla Holbox Hotels
- 68 Reviews - 117 Photos
- Isla Contoy Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 18 Photos