"OSLO" Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo by Maria_75
Oslo Travel Guide: 2,992 reviews and 7,227 photos
Oslo isn't the biggest capitol in the world, and there are just about 500.000 people living here. But you will still find that it has so much to offer. No matter what you want - you will find it here. Someone said that "Oslo is a small town with a big city feel, and a big city with a small town feel at the same time" - and it's true. If you want to live the "urban" life just head downtown, and if you want to get away from everything you can do that too. You are never far away from a park or the big forest that is surrounding the city.
I love travelling, but for me there is no better place than Oslo on a beautiful summerday. In the middle of the summer the sun only goes down for a few hours in the night, but it doesn't get really dark.
You can sit by the sea and enjoy the summernight with a beer and some shrimps that you bought from a fishingboat. Go to one of the many lakes and feed the ducks. Take the ferry out to one of the islands and stay there the whole day; barbecue, take sun and go swimming. Bring a tent and camp in the forest; wake up to birds singing and take a morningbath in the lake.
Or you can head down to the centre. Take a café latte on the sidewalk and watch the people that go by. Visit the many museums, galleries and other attractions. Party the whole night at one of the many discos. Go shopping in Karl Johansgate, and windowshopping in Bogstadveien. Or just sit down and relax on a bench in one of the many parks.
The winter can be a bit difficult for many people. It's dark most of the day; in the middle of winter we just have a few hours of daylight. It can also get quite cold here, sometimes it's less than -25 degrees celcius.
But there are still lots of things you can do. One of my favorite things is when it has been snowing, and the snow is covering everything. It gets much lighter when it's snow on the ground, and everything looks so tranquil and beautiful.
All around the city you can find places to go iceskating, even in the middle of Karl Johansgate. About 20 min from the citycenter is a place called Tryvann where you can try downhill, slalom or snowboarding. At Holmenkollen nearby you can watch skijumps, or go sledding in the old bobsleigh-track from the 1952 Olympics.
There are lots of things to do here, check out my pages for more info. I am constantly adding things so check back again later if you want.
You can find more info about Oslo here:
Oslo destination guide
This used to be one of my favorite places, but it's always so crowded here. It's impossible to walk one meter without... more travel advice
This is the 'littlebrother' of nearby Rockefeller that hosts a lot of bigger conserts. John Dee is often used as a... more travel advice
- See All Hotels in Oslo and Norway
- See All OTHER PLACES FOR ICESKATING
- See All EAST AND WEST...
- See All RENT A BIKE
- See All ONE OF THE CHEAPEST RESTAURANTS?
Maria_75's Related Pages
Oslo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OSLO - NORWAY´S CAPITAL CITY."
- "Hilde's Oslo guide"
- "The fantastic capital of Norway"
- "My Own Private Oslo"
- "Winter Weekend in Oslo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oslo
- Hotels in Oslo
- Transportation in Oslo
- Nightlife in Oslo
- Restaurants in Oslo
- Shopping in Oslo
- Warnings and Dangers in Oslo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oslo
- 120 Reviews
- 163 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 62 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Oslo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oslo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 120 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 55 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tulum Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palenque Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico City Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canary Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos