"Corozal" Corozal by Maria_75
Corozal Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 18 photos
I had actually no intention of visiting this city, but things don't always go as planned when you are travelling...
My first view of Corozal was on the bus from Chetumal, Mexico, to Belize City. We had been driving the whole night from Palenque and hadn't been sleeping so much. After having waited a few hours for the bus in Chetumal we found out the busdriver was so drunk he could hardly see the road. The man selling the tickets was also drunk and had to help the driver put on his shoes. When we came to the border between Mexico and Belize we decided to go out and wait for the next bus...
A small minivan picked us up and took us the rest of the way. When we came to Corozal it was the first time we saw the caribbean sea, and the sun was just rising up from the sea. It was a fantastic view!
Later in the holiday we were heading back to Mexico after having spent an incredible time at the paradiseisland Caye Caulker. But between Orange Walk and Corozal the bus broke down, and we had to sit by the road in the middle of nowhere and wait for the next bus.
The driver told us there would come another bus in half an hour. But half an hour in Belize is not the same as half an hour in other places... So after a few hours another bus came. We all crammed us inside and got to Corozal. But this was the last stop for the bus. Once again we got told to wait half an hour for the next bus. Again it took hours...
We didn't get to see so much of the town, but we saw a little bit of the area around the busstation. And we saw a lot of the busstation... A small room with a little tv, and outside where different kinds of people begging for money. After a few hours we finally got to Chetumal where we changed the bus and headed to Tulum.
It was a long day... ;)
Bring a book to read or a journal to write in. You never know when you will spend a couple of hours in the middle of... more travel advice
Maria_75's Related Pages
Corozal Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Corozal
- Hotels in Corozal
- Transportation in Corozal
- Restaurants in Corozal
- Warnings and Dangers in Corozal
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Corozal
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Corozal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corozal
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 120 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 55 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tulum Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palenque Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico City Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canary Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos