"Jinze and its Rainbow Bridge" Jinze by FreeCloud
Jinze Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 3 photos
I have trouble loading photos here, so be a bit patient till VT fixes it.
I by accident deleted my intro page here, hopefully VT staff could help me to find it.
Jinze is a small town within Shanghai municipality. It is famous for its collection of antient bridges. one of the most famous (due to NOVA show on PBS) is the rainbow bridge (Pu Qing) built recently, a replica of the bridge in the famous Song Dynasty painting Qingming Shanghe Tu.
For the story of the Rainbow bridge:
If you are interested in bridges per se, this site has some info:http://www32.brinkster.com/redjeep/bridges/famous.htm
The oldest famouse Chinese ancient bridge is Zhao Zhou Bridge, in Hebei province, northern China, which has 1,300+ years history.
Another old bridge, this one is a 3-arch stone bridge, though part of it reconstructed. Later more travel advice
FreeCloud's Related Pages
Jinze Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Jinze
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Jinze?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jinze
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 216 photos, 18 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 25 reviews, 175 photos, 18 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 56 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nürnberg Intro, 9 reviews, 82 photos, 9 travelogues
- Lahaina Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 9 travelogues
- Dayan Intro, 37 reviews, 37 photos
- Jiuzhaigou Intro, 3 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lyon Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Meersburg Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues