"Entrance to the Yangtze River gorge area" Top 5 Page for this destination Yichang by FreeCloud
Yichang Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 167 photos
Photos in, please come back later for details.
Most people heard about Wuhan because that most of the the Yangtze River cruises embark/disembark in Wuhan. However, there are shorter cruises starting/ending at Yichang, which would save one whole day on cruise boat. Boats offer shorter cruises are East King and East Queen, two of the best, and smaller (168-person vs. 280-person capacity).
One can fly from Beijing to Yichang in the morning (sometimes only one flight a day, others two). But the boat would not start to board till evening, and will not leave till next morning, so you would have lot of time to kill in Yichang. You can either find a local guide to take you to somewhere, or hire a taxi and go by yourself.
- Pros:Nice view of the entrance of the three-gorge of Yangtze
- Cons:Not much to see otherwise
- In a nutshell:Many luxury Yangtze cruise embark/disembark here
I was so ignorant that I did not know the internal part of an aligator's mouth was yellowish (thought was... more travel advice
FreeCloud's Related Pages
Yichang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Entrance to the Yangtze River gorge area"
- "Beautiful Gateway to Changjiang (Yangtze River)"
- "Yichang - Gateway to the Three Gorges Dam."
- "Three Gorges Dam Construction Project Pics"
- "Yichang and the 3 Gorges"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yichang
- Hotels in Yichang
- Transportation in Yichang
- Restaurants in Yichang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yichang
- 15 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Yichang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yichang
Photos in YichangSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 216 photos, 18 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 25 reviews, 175 photos, 18 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 56 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nürnberg Intro, 9 reviews, 82 photos, 9 travelogues
- Lahaina Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 9 travelogues
- Dayan Intro, 37 reviews, 37 photos
- Jiuzhaigou Intro, 3 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lyon Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Meersburg Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues