"FRANTISKOVY LAZNE" Frantiskovy Lazne by NightStar
Frantiskovy Lazne Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 148 photos
This town - Spa Frantiskovy Lazne - was my "home" for 3 weeks in August 2005.
I will show you this wonderful Spa city.
You must wait a while, I have a many nice pictures from this time and I will show you the life there.
Many people which come to the Czech Republic goes only to Prague and Karlovy Vary.
This town is a little bit far in the same direction from Karlovy Vary and is very very nice.
Spa town – in the most westerly part of Bohemia, 4 km from the German border, 5 km north of Cheb. The spa is famous for treating women´s diseases, disorders of the blood circulation and disturbances of the metabolism.
In view of its quiet atmosphere and the characteristic architecture of the turn of the 18th to 19th century the spa enjoys great popularity.
Mineral springs are known from the Middle Ages, but the spa was founded only in 1793 and derives its name from Emperor Frantisek I.
The Spa was part of the town of Cheb until 1849. It has always attracted famous persons, among them J. W. Goethe and Ludwig van Beethoven, who came to také the waters here.
The spa has retained its regular early Classicist layout with parallel streets running in the direction of the oldest spring, the Francis Spring.
There stands an Empire pavilion of 1831 and a small statue of little boy Francis with a fish (the symbol of fertility) the modern symbol of the spa.
A small statue of little boy Francis with a fish (the symbol of fertility) the modern symbol of the spa.
- See All THE SPA CITY
- See All THE BUTTERFLY´S HOUSE
- See All THE CASTLE SEEBERG
- See All The soccer
NightStar's Related Pages
Frantiskovy Lazne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Frantiskovy Lazne - a typical spa town"
- "FRANTISKOVY LAZNE"
- "Frantiskovy Lazne...a very nice spa town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Frantiskovy Lazne
- 74 Reviews
- 109 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Frantiskovy Lazne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frantiskovy Lazne
Photos in Frantiskovy LazneSee All Photos (109)
Top 10 Pages
- Frantiskovy Lazne Intro, 74 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 36 reviews, 39 photos
- Vysoke Tatry Intro, 28 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brno Intro, 12 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Czech Republic Intro, 16 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Plzen Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstejn Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos
- Jihomoravsky Kraj Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Poprad Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos