"VALTICE" Valtice by NightStar
Valtice Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 54 photos
Town with another Liechtenstein chateau. Baroque chateau, square four-storey building, with stables, a gallery, riding school, Rococo theatre, chateau chapel and a horse-drawn coach sepot.
The front facade of the main building is richly ornamented and has a strikingly projecting portal and tower.
The richly furnished interior rooms date from the middle 18th century.
Chateau park with sculptural ornamentation.
On the market place a barogue parish church with the tombs of the Liechtenstein family.
The Lednice – Valtice area – a territory of lakes and marshland, which, from the middle ages, has gradually been changed by Man into an ecologically balanced, harmonious countryside with interesting monuments, which fit smoothly into the natural landscape of the lower Dyje basin.
The two main chateaux, Lednice and Valtice, are linked by straight, tree-lined avenues and there are also a number of lakes and canals.
NightStar's Related Pages
Valtice Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Valtice
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Valtice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valtice
Photos in ValticeSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Frantiskovy Lazne Intro, 74 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 36 reviews, 39 photos
- Vysoke Tatry Intro, 28 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brno Intro, 12 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Czech Republic Intro, 16 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Plzen Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstejn Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos
- Jihomoravsky Kraj Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Poprad Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos