"Ansgar's new Dresden Page" Dresden by Ansgar

Dresden Travel Guide: 1,344 reviews and 4,034 photos

Hi, out there...

finally I want to write something about my hometown Dresden - I think it is the most interesting to read pages by local people as I also think it is the best in travelling to meet locals! That is why I offer all of you to contact me if you are coming to Dresden and ask to meet me. Maybe you can meet me during the day or even stay overnight if you don't mind staying in a small student's home.

Anyway, Dresden is a very interesting and nice city in the South-East of Germany. It is interesting because it still has conserved at least some of the flair of the "old" communistic times and it is nice because of the many rebuild pre-war buildings in the centre. Dresden's centre was totally destroyed in the 2nd worldwar - there was nothing left... But now the most sites are filled with buildings again ;-)

My favourite quarter is the "Neustadt" because it was not totally destroyed and you can see the old Dresden style of houses.

Unfortunately I do not have many pictures... as you usually don't have from you home town.

Ansgar

• Intro Written Sep 7, 2002

Ansgar

“always be ready for the unexpected”

Badges & Stats in Dresden

Have you been to Dresden?

Latest Activity in Dresden