"miner's brief Fort Knox Page" Knoxville by miner
Knoxville Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 13 photos
Fort Knox is an Army base located just south of Louisville,Ky.It is the home of the Patton Museum named for General George Patton.It is mainly a museum of armor but it has some helicopters and personnel carriers also.
Fort Knox is also the home of the U.S. Army Armor training school and recruit traing center.
This is also the gold depositry for the United States. We never did get to see the gold or get any souvenier samples.
- Pros:AWESOME MILITARY MUSEUM
- Cons:CAN'T SEE THE GOLD
- In a nutshell:YOU WILL SEE MORE GREEN THAN GOLD
The highway from Louisville to Fort Knox seems to have an unusually large number of stop lights. The distance is not... more travel advice
miner's Related Pages
Knoxville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "miner's brief Fort Knox Page"
- "Basic Training at Fort Knox"
- "Like Crap Through A Goose"
- "Fort Knox for non-Americans"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Knoxville
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Knoxville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Knoxville
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indiana Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Princeton Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Saint Louis Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Illinois Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Santa Claus Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- California Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pigeon Forge Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Newport Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues