"IT IS A FAMILY THING" Santa Claus by miner

Santa Claus Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 32 photos

Yes ,Virginia ,there is a Santa Clause.And I saw him eating a pizza at the Kringle restaurant.
Actually in Southern Indiana there is a villiage called Santa Clause, Indiana.This small community would probably go unnoticed except for a theme park formerly called Santa Clause Land.Over the last several years this little amusemaent has evolved into one of the finest theme parks in the U.S.Pictured is the the Big Guy,my mom,my daughter, and yours truly. I am trying to make points for next year!!

• Pros:FAIRLY SHORT LINES
  • Cons:IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
  • In a nutshell:GREAT FAMILY THEME PARK
  • Last visit to Santa Claus: May 2000
  • Intro Updated Dec 14, 2002

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2008 at 9:48 PM

Hmmm. Imagine someone saying where are you from, and you answer "Santa Claus"...LOL

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2006 at 1:38 AM

Hello Joe! You've been cheated! The one and only Santa Claus lives in Korvatunturi, Finland and has his workshop in Rovaniemi. Happy birthday from Finland!

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2005 at 2:44 PM

Fancy being a place called Santa Claus! Our Joe would love these rides John, whereas me I am a scaredy cat - lol

• Elena_007's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2005 at 10:09 AM

Santa has left the North Pole and moved to Indiana! Fun page! I bet you were so proud to see your daughter performing on stage. I would LOVE to ride the Banshee. :-) ~Elaine~

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2004 at 7:44 PM

Boy, has this changed since I saw it years ago. Thanks for the update. Great tips on what to wear and pack! Liked the travelogues.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2004 at 6:07 PM

a lovely page and great pics and travelogues, John ! even if Santa is a bit out of season now :-)

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2004 at 4:32 AM

Hi Miner, good info here. I've been through Santa Claus a couple of times but the theme park was closed when I was there in winter. Thanks ! Stephen

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2003 at 1:15 PM

Lovely page!

• Wiley_Coyote's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2003 at 2:18 PM

Bah Humbug! oh sorry, wrong season...but great info on all yer pages

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2003 at 5:22 PM

Glad to learn about Santa Claus. I'd seen it on the map but didn't know anything about it. I bet my young niece would like it there.

miner

“Keep smiling; it makes people wonder what you are up to.”

Badges & Stats in Santa Claus

Have you been to Santa Claus?

Latest Activity in Santa Claus