"Monastery Immaculate Conception" Ferdinand by miner
Ferdinand Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 13 photos
I ha driven past this monastery several years ago and finally decided to check it out after my sister asked me about visiting here on a day trip. It was an awesome visit and out tour guide was one of the Sisters who lives and works there. She was fascinating explaining the history and the every day working of the monastery.
The sanctuary is an incredibly beautiful piece of art with amazing detailed woodwork,stained glass winows ,beautiful sttuary, and a magnificent dome.
Called the "Castle on the Hill" by the local residents this church is registered in the National Register of Historic Places.
The church has over 100 stained glass windows. The windows alone make this a spectacular site to visit.
- Pros:fascinating place to visit
- In a nutshell:Inspirational history
Don't miss touring this beautiful old church. It is a fascinating tour of the history of the Church and an insight on... more travel advice
This is a fascinating shop full of religous and secular gifts .Although i am not a shopper i spent nearly an hour... more travel advice
miner's Related Pages
Ferdinand Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Ferdinand
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Ferdinand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ferdinand
Photos in FerdinandSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indiana Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Princeton Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Saint Louis Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Illinois Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Santa Claus Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- California Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pigeon Forge Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Newport Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues