"It's all about benedictine monks!" Ettal by Roeffie
Ettal Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 190 photos
The Ettal Monastery is the main sight in this town and everything in this town thanks it's existence to the monastery, which was founded about 1330.
The Hotel, Cheese making, Distillery, Brewery, everything has to do with the monks.It is a nice small hospitable town near Garmisch.
From here you can make a lot of interesting trips in the direct surroundings.
1 Freilichtmuseum an der Glentleiten, great open air museum
2 Ettaler Monastery, a magnificent building with beautiful murals
3 Wieskirche, Beautiful church in middle of nowhere
4 Schloss Linderhof one of King Ludwig's palaces
5 Oberammergau, known for his Festspiele
6 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, nice town with old olympic stadium
7 Walchensee, beautiful lake
8 Kochelsee, very nice lake with Electricity works
9 Partnachklamm, a nice gorge just outside Garmisch-Partenkirchen
10 Zugspitze, the highest german mountain
11 München with lots of sights
A few of them got an own page and some of them I will discribe here.
Zugspitze is a 2,962 m high mountain and with that height the highest mountain of Germany. To visit the top you will... more travel advice
The church was founded somewhere around 1750's in rococo style. It's beautiful interior is a lust for your eye. In 1738... more travel advice
Roeffie's Related Pages
Ettal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ettal - Monastery, Parish and Pilgrimage Basilica"
- "A magnificant monastery in the Bavarian Alps"
- "The Ettal's Abbey"
- "ETTAL & THE MONASTERY"
- "True Bavarian Beauty"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ettal
- Transportation in Ettal
- Restaurants in Ettal
- Shopping in Ettal
- Warnings and Dangers in Ettal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ettal
- 10 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (181)
Have you been to Ettal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ettal
Photos in EttalSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Austria Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 13 reviews, 48 photos