"Roeffie's Ghost Town of Calico Page" Yermo by Roeffie
Yermo Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 56 photos
At first when I didn't know what they meant with ghosttown, I thought FREAKY!!.
But there is nothing freaky about these towns, they are all deserted mining towns like Calico.
Between 1881 and 1896 silver was mined over here en Calico became a prosperous town with over 2,500 inhabitants. In 1895 the price of silver dropped in a dramatic way and the mining of silver stopped. Many people left the town and it became a Ghost Town. Many years later people remembered the story of Calico and restored it bit by bit and sometimes even rebuild the town.
Everything you need to know about Calico on: Ghost Town of Calico page.
Roeffie's Related Pages
Yermo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "So Much To Do In An Obsure Place!"
- "Yermo~Home of Peggy Sue's Dinner"
- "mafootje's new Yermo Page"
- "Roeffie's Ghost Town of Calico Page"
- "Yermo - California - USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yermo
- Hotels in Yermo
- Transportation in Yermo
- Nightlife in Yermo
- Restaurants in Yermo
- Shopping in Yermo
- Warnings and Dangers in Yermo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yermo
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (180)
Have you been to Yermo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yermo
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Austria Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 13 reviews, 48 photos