"An Blauer Donau,grünem Inn und schwarzer Ilz!" Top 5 Page for this destination Passau by Roeffie
Passau Travel Guide: 174 reviews and 427 photos
Translated the title means On the blue Danube, Green Inn and Black Ilz.
Danube, Inn and Ilz are the three rivers coming together at Passau. Together they go to the Black Sea.
Passau was a independent state for a long time. As many Bishop's influenced the town and it's surroundings.
The Bishop lived in the palace Veste Oberhaus, where he looked down upon the city and it's rivers.
It is a lively old town, with lots of nice sights to see and shops to shop, restaurants to eat and cafés to drink at.
Photo: Bucari Verlag Passau
The first artifacts found of human inhabitance were from 100 B.C. and are remains from the Celts.
Until 400 Passau was a little roman Provinztown.
From 739 Passau started to become a city. Thanks to the Bishop who built his home here other people came and settled here.
From about 1200 Passau became a "Fürstentum". It was an independent state for more than 600 years until about 1800.
From 1803, when Passau lost it's Austrian area, it belongs to Bavaria
Interesting website:Passau Tourism
Staying in Obernzell you got various options to take a boattour on the Danube. First possibility is boating to Linz in... more travel advice
Passauer Glasmuseum This area is wellkown for it's glassworks. Many different forms of glass art can be seen in this... more travel advice
Roeffie's Related Pages
Passau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Passau - where 3 rivers join"
- "An Blauer Donau,grünem Inn und schwarzer Ilz!"
- "Three rivers junction"
- "Advent in Passau"
- "Passau during floods..."
- "Passau - A Perfect Long Weekend Getaway"
- "Passau - a town with 3 rivers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Passau
- Hotels in Passau
- Transportation in Passau
- Nightlife in Passau
- Restaurants in Passau
- Shopping in Passau
- Warnings and Dangers in Passau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Passau
- 16 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Passau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Passau
- Posted in Travel Netherlands Forum "RE: RE: A week in Holland -- What..."
- Commented on one of Sjalen's Passau travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Take a boattour on the Danube River!"
- Wrote a Review Take a boattour on the Danube River! in Passau Things to Do
- created a Passau Travelogue "A view inside the Cathedral and it's museum!"
Top 10 Pages
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 17 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egeskov Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos